Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought we were okay until the second half. While the stadium was half empty, they managed to get 2. The players and fans didn't turn up for the second half; people would much rather grab a shit pizza or drink themselves silly then support the team. Then there was the inevitable collapse...all too common in recent years.

Embarrassing. First time I have ever booed at the end. I didn't feel like the players were giving it their all. The fans certainly weren't anyway.

Mate you have an unhealthy obsession with the ignore function on this site

Every other post I see you make these days either references how many users you have on ignore/ specific Individuals you have on ignore or it’s you encouraging other users to put more people on ignore

*waits for comment about putting me on ignore *

If I am not already
He has threatened to put me on ignore quite a few times. I don't think he has actually ever done it though. Shame.

Got in around 20 mins ago. Between 11.45am and 16.30am I had a great day. After that it went to shit.
Good to meet Rocket Rocket Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman Shades Shades and 1882 1882 as always. Met up with several old mates which was brilliant.
Just a shame some prick ruined it all by putting a football match on.

Good to very briefly meet you guys. We arrived late (bloody traffic) and my lad needed to grab some food, so had to shoot off. Will pop by next game for a longer chat.

Eh?

If you think think we ought to have a £200m per summer trf budget; you're deluded pal.

Chelski pulled the plug on him after no time, yet you think we're able to afford to keep him sweet?

......Come on!

If there's a complaint to be made it's that we wasted too much time trying to finesse him into coming.... It was never gonna happen.
Levy wouldn't allow Conte to bring his own team in at the expense of those already at the club, ergo he values his own judgement over the serial winner, pretty simple working out.

You're the one who mentioned £200m, I don't believe that figure has ever been specifically quoted anywhere, all I said was reasonable backing.

I don't care if he'd have walked after one season, Nuno won't be here more than that, probably much less I'd wager if I were a betting man, so we might as well have had a decent shot at making it a successful one.

We actually look GOOD with NDombele playing up to his ability. Problem is, he can only go for 45 - 60 minutes. WHAT THE FUCK
He did plenty of tracking back and winning the ball. We all know that is not his skill set but everyone wants him to be both Gazza and Roy Keane. Which is unfair. I swear he gets stuck far more than dele who was at fault for build to CP getting a pen last week. Pathetic challenge with palace defender in their own half, lets him turn and move forward without even tracking him or going back.

People find it hard accepting that quite frankly, we are an average football team.
Then I’m not sure people have been paying attention. We were dire at many points last season, and although we made a few moves and have a new manager, the core of the team is the same. That wasn’t going to change overnight.

That is why I am not happy but fairly calm about the whole thing. This will take this season and another before I think we can see things really start to turn around. It is a shame that City or someone else didn’t put in a decent enough offer, because selling Kane may have been able to accelerate it all.

I have literally in my life never seen a single player make a difference to a game as Kante did today.
Kind of like the reverse happened when he got subbed in the friendly last summer when we got so much better.

I have literally in my life never seen a single player make a difference to a game as Kante did today.
Kind of like the reverse happened when he got subbed in the friendly last summer when we got so much better.
He's the best player in the world right now. I don't think that is an exaggeration.

I just can’t see why any different manager would have us playing any different . We have a mismatch of very average players . This is down to 3 years of poor recruitment. This is going to take a long while to sort out .
This is going to be hard viewing until next summer
What makes you think it's going to improve after the summer? Levy's going nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom