Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

State of this Spurs this season:

19th - shots/gm
18th - shots allowed/gm
17th - goals
19th- xG 15th - possession
20th - successful pressures
19th - % tackles won
18th- % successful take-ons
19th - progressive carries
20th - progressive carry distance
15th - % aerial duels won

"we will make you proud"

E5J0PsbWEAg9QOZ_1200x768.jpeg

That is shocking. What have they done to our Club :(

Last edited:
The days of us all debating on here wether Poch was right to dismiss the FA Cup and Carabao Cup as we went in search of glory in the league and the champions league are sadly behind us.It is imperative that we now go to Wolves Wednesday night with our strongest team (whatever that should be) and get a result, the domestic cups (and the Conference league) are our only realistic opportunities for the foreseeable future and we need to go in all guns blazing.
I’ve managed to secure a rare away ticket for Wolves (250 ticketing points doesn’t usually get a sniff-though that might change soon unless we improve) Let’s move on, accept where we are right now as a team and go in search of a trophy.Any trophy. COYS!!!!

Excuses

1. Royal still getting up to speed
2. Debut for Romero
3. Sanchez, Romero, Lo Celso not trained with the squad
4. Son and Dier just back from injury
5. Ndombele just back into squad
6. We only had 2 days rest between games.

Just as with the Palace game - these are all VALID excuses and part of the root cause of our loss. We saw our (potential) in the first 30 minutes what might be if we can get our squad fit.

Had the South American's not fucked up during the international break, I am certain we would not be in the mess we are in now.

Excuses

1. Royal still getting up to speed
2. Debut for Romero
3. Sanchez, Romero, Lo Celso not trained with the squad
4. Son and Dier just back from injury
5. Ndombele just back into squad
6. We only had 2 days rest between games.

Just as with the Palace game - these are all VALID excuses and part of the root cause of our loss. We saw our (potential) in the first 30 minutes what might be if we can get our squad fit.

Had the South American's not fucked up during the international break, I am certain we would not be in the mess we are in now.
1) Possibly an excuse but maybe he is up to his “maximum speed “
2) He was making schoolboy errors . Far from sure he is a PL player. Some top players just can’t deal with the different demands of the PL
3) That was the managers decision.
4) So was Kante
5) So was Kepa.
6) An issue but only going to impact more as the season goes on

I keep hearing about how good the first half was but did Kepa really get tested ? It sort of reminded me of a FA cup game where the underdogs do really well but in the end the better team comes out on top.

We need to face up to the fact that Chelseas squad at this point in time is a country mile ahead in depth and quality. Just ask yourself how many of Spurs starting 11 would be close to starting in Chelsea’s starting 11? I can think of one and that Son

When was the last time we actually bought a player that would improve the team -Danny Rose was correct -we always sign players nobody has heard of!

Romero..... Italian defender of the year. Maybe Rose wouldn't have heard of him but Barca clearly had.

Reguilon..... La Liga LB of the season. Or was everybody perfectly happy with Davies afterall despite the abuse?

Hojberg >>> Sissoko, Winks etc.

Emerson >>> Doherty.

Granted our success rate should be better tho.... Poch's last window thoroughly fucked us and we're still reeling from it.

Last edited:
Only get to see 'em on TV. Last meaningful Spurs game I was able to attend in person was in 1975. Saw them play a friendly in two foreign countries: Canada and Norwich. Couple of worthless thoughts: (a) nothing much has changed . . . for the better. (2) We seem to do a bit better when Harry isn't playing (?), perhaps because they have to think of something else to do when he's not there. (iv) I don't remember being this embarrassed on the terraces.

State of this Spurs this season:

19th - shots/gm
18th - shots allowed/gm
17th - goals
19th- xG 15th - possession
20th - successful pressures
19th - % tackles won
18th- % successful take-ons
19th - progressive carries
20th - progressive carry distance
15th - % aerial duels won

"we will make you proud"

E5J0PsbWEAg9QOZ_1200x768.jpeg

Yep. Feels like that watching the games. Absolute wank.

Who to be fair looked decent. Whether he wants to stick around playing for a team in the ECL is debatable.

My guess is the first decent CL club to come in for him, especially from Spain and he's gone.
Probably. I'd probably say first decent CL club on the continent.

But the season is young still and things can change. We'll see.

Me, woke?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Of course you can do a better job sweetiepie
You a 'ballin' genius, an 'ting
Unless you are Gary Lineker then no Mick, I'm not calling you woke.

But you think because someone disagrees with you, and believe me if you go back and watch it the evidence I gave is there, you can't handle it.

But then again, I most certainly am a sweetiepie, so you're right there!

Back
Top Bottom