Who do you want as caretaker manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I recall Harry got a massive kitty back in January 2009

Mason is a yes-man fraud would just bring back his mate Winks

Maybe so but Mason still played the best actual football we have played the last two years. Jose and Nuno have been fucking disasters.

Maybe so but Mason still played the best actual football we have played the last two years. Jose and Nuno have been fucking disasters.

What an absolute mess the club is from the top down.

I really hate Matt Law but he has been proven correct.

It goes beyond the coaches. Paul Mitchell was effectively chased away, McDermott hasn’t been replaced properly etc.

Early indications are Paratici does have a decent eye for young talent (which we needs) but has a major blind spot when it comes to coaches.

What an absolute mess the club is from the top down.

I really hate Matt Law but he has been proven correct.

It goes beyond the coaches. Paul Mitchell was effectively chased away, McDermott hasn’t been replaced properly etc.

Early indications are Paratici does have a decent eye for young talent (which we needs) but has a major blind spot when it comes to coaches.

As we all know from the AVB/Sherwood to Poch experience the coach is by far the most important person. Eriksen, Dembele, Rose, Walker from average/ shit to great because of a manager.

We see it with Lampard to Tuchel. A top manager can transform a team. We ain’t going anywhere without a manager suitable.

the fact that most of the squad can't be arsed makes me worry about a caretaker manager. Those players will again know he's a stop-gap and are unlikely to try very hard.

Our strategy for finding a new coach must have really unsettle the players, they must follow SM and looked at the rumours and wondered what the fuck was going on? When Nuno was employed they must have sighed like the rest of us and just thought it was temporary.

I feel I always have to quantify this statement with "I'm not a Mason fan"
But anyone denying we looked more cohesive in his 6 league games than we did under Mourinho and Poundshop Mourinho is in denial.
Yeah, there were a couple of losses that weren't great, but the squad is shit. He won 4 out of 6 which is better form than the other 2 idiots can manage.

the fact that most of the squad can't be arsed makes me worry about a caretaker manager. Those players will again know he's a stop-gap and are unlikely to try very hard.

Our strategy for finding a new coach must have really unsettle the players, they must follow SM and looked at the rumours and wondered what the fuck was going on? When Nuno was employed they must have sighed like the rest of us and just thought it was temporary.
I actually think that the squad as a whole were happy with Nuno at first. We saw it during pre season and the first couple of games. There were good vibes and the squad looked to be pulling in one unified direction.

Not to sound sacrilegous, but I think it changed when Harry was just allowed to walk back into the team and remain vice captain after his stunt in the summer. That massively undermined Nuno's fresh authority over the team. I am not saying that Harry is consciously undermining him, but him just being allowed back in like nothing has happened has probably caused a divide in the team. The team culture trickles down from the top. And if we have one dominant figure that doesn't want to be here and isn't giving his all then that is going to trickle down to the rest.

As long as Harry is still at Spurs and wants out I think that we need to go for managers with a bit of pedigree. Your Contes and Valverdes or even possibly Favre. Guys who have managed big teams, who have won trophies and who have dealt with wantaway stars before. Any young, up and coming manager will seemingly have to get Kane on side quickly to be able to establish themselves. And that's not a good scenario to come into the job with.

I feel I always have to quantify this statement with "I'm not a Mason fan"
But anyone denying we looked more cohesive in his 6 league games than we did under Mourinho and Poundshop Mourinho is in denial.
Yeah, there were a couple of losses that weren't great, but the squad is shit. He won 4 out of 6 which is better form than the other 2 idiots can manage.

It’s was pound shop Pochettino but it was watchable.

He would do a good job for 1 season then completely fall apart after that. He's overrated af.
I’m ok with that. We are a falling knife at the moment, that must be reversed. We need a positive coach that gets players enjoyable their job and expressing themselves. Medium term? Who cares that can come later

Not that i want him but Martinez might be a possibility but Barcelona interested and only 12 months out from a world cup. I havent really changed my mind since April, although can now scrub Naglesmann off the list. Rodgers, Potter, ten Hag or even Scott Parker.

Back
Top Bottom