Who do you want as caretaker manager

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is leftfield but I truly believe in it……

Jan Vertonghen. There’s zero guarantees, but if we’re going to take a punt, let’s take it on:-

- A very intelligent guy
- Someone who loves the club
- Someone who understands and thinks football
- Someone that played in, and understands how modern teams should work

Give me Professor Jan over Mason any day of the week.
There are one or two problems with this...

It's such a shame that 3 of our most popular, decorated players were awful managers....
Ardiles, Hoddle & Hughton.... even Steve Perryman and Clive Allen sort of had a go in a caretaker capacity.. and that worked out mediocre at best!
I don't even know whether to count Ryan Mason!!!

As it stands, I think ol'Timmy Sherwood is our most successful ex-Player to become Manager after Bill Nic.... That speaks VOLUMES!

Roy Keane is a "Spurs fan"

I say that with inverted commas because he seems to fucking hate us
Souness could be though as he got quite animated yesterday and I agreed with most of what he said especially about our joke of a midfield

The problem is that we are so early into the season. The guy we should have got wouldn't come until the next offseason (Potter). I don't think Conte would come with this team at this point even if we threw the lot at him. It's a long season for a true caretaker manager so I'd atleast like someone there's a possibility we could build with if they do better than expected. I'd go for Eddie Howe. A great manager, who knows if he's ready for this level yet, would get his name back out there regardless. If he does really well then he's certainly not a bad candidate to stay. If he middles around then we hire someone else. Not a hire I see the Italian making though.

Not that i want him but Martinez might be a possibility but Barcelona interested and only 12 months out from a world cup. I havent really changed my mind since April, although can now scrub Naglesmann off the list. Rodgers, Potter, ten Hag or even Scott Parker.

The infuriating thing is it was obvious what we needed to do. Everyone could see it.

Naglesmann was No. 1, but it was understandable all around to lose out to Bayern. After that, the choices were ten Hag or Potter. Both would have been fine and both would have followed Levy's stupid interview talking about our DNA. I have always been a ten Hag guy, but Potter would have worked as well.

The answers to attempting a build were right in front of us and now they're gone. Palace didn't even want Nuno. It's amazing how poorly we handled the situation this summer. ten Hag or Potter coming in in early July and we would have a completely fresh outlook right now. Sometimes the obvious choices are the right ones.

The infuriating thing is it was obvious what we needed to do. Everyone could see it.

Naglesmann was No. 1, but it was understandable all around to lose out to Bayern. After that, the choices were ten Hag or Potter. Both would have been fine and both would have followed Levy's stupid interview talking about our DNA. I have always been a ten Hag guy, but Potter would have worked as well.

The answers to attempting a build were right in front of us and now they're gone. Palace didn't even want Nuno. It's amazing how poorly we handled the situation this summer. ten Hag or Potter coming in in early July and we would have a completely fresh outlook right now. Sometimes the obvious choices are the right ones.

The fact that we wasted so much time messing around with candidates who were never going to come to us just shows how stupid we are. Nagglesman, Flick, Poch, even Conte...shows how delusional Levy is, or just a smokescreen to act like we were trying when we were always gonna hire the cheapest option.

The fact that we wasted so much time messing around with candidates who were never going to come to us just shows how stupid we are. Nagglesman, Flick, Poch, even Conte...shows how delusional Levy is, or just a smokescreen to act like we were trying when we were always gonna hire the cheapest option.
I wish that wasn't the case....
I wish Nagelsman, Conte or even Poch gave us serious consideration.... but sadly, I don't thi k any of them did.... and we're left with 'Just happy to be here' Nuno!

I feel I always have to quantify this statement with "I'm not a Mason fan"
But anyone denying we looked more cohesive in his 6 league games than we did under Mourinho and Poundshop Mourinho is in denial.
Yeah, there were a couple of losses that weren't great, but the squad is shit. He won 4 out of 6 which is better form than the other 2 idiots can manage.
That's actually one of the "sad but true" facts of life.
What an awful Monday. I bet the tubes are delayed and packed en route home tonight as well...

Back
Top Bottom