ECL - Spurs vs NS Mura, Thursday 30th Sept at 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I haven't been impressed by Scarlett yet, but nobody should be writing off a 17 year old. I still believed in Santa when I was 17 I think, and hadn't even had my first hand job. It's not his fault we have a poor squad and our only other out and out striker is out on loan.

If I just call him average (which he is) people will say I'm having digs no matter how I phrase it.
It's literally impossible to talk about youth players realistically purely down to their age.

Which is ironic when most posters will yell absolute abuse at other players on the very same thread,

Face it he looks like another Bostock to add to the the pile.
I can remember a lot of people saying that Kane was a lower division player at best when he had his first games for us.

I also remember loads banging on about Dele being destined to be World Class.

I can remember Modric being written off as too lightweight for our league.

I wish lessons could be learnt from these faux pas but, alas, there are too many out there looking for that "I called this 2/3 seasons ago" posts.

I can remember a lot of people saying that Kane was a lower division player at best when he had his first games for us.

I wish lessons could be learnt from these faux pas but, alas, there are too many out there looking for that "I called this 2/3 seasons ago" posts.
Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Kane is literally a one in a million example.

This is like saying my friend won some money on the lottery so you should go out and buy some tickets.

I think I'll save my cash thanks.

You cant have a pop at scarlett. Hes a kid. Needs to go on loan or with U23. We need to buy a striker in january. My parrot said that 6 years ago.
The fact that this child is actually starting games at this stage in his development is shameful. Its an utter indictment. This cunt chairman/ owners and his lackey Parasitei better go buy Vlahovic the follow up with some real investment its a disgrace

was this the first game of football you have ever seen?

after you watch a few - you might get to understand it
Ive had a few pelters but I'll reply to you because you've dug me out before. Scarlett was absolutely wank. He offered less than nothing. He is obviously so far from ready it's frightening. I'd be shocked if he scored ten goals in the 4th division. Dont come back with the tired shit. I know he's young. I know he's inexperienced. He shouldn't have been playing tonight though. He should be on loan at Dover

Kane is literally a one in a million example.

This is like saying my friend won some money on the lottery so you should go out and buy some tickets.

I think I'll save my cash thanks.

This is quite literally how an academy works. 99% of the players don't make it in to the first team, only an even smaller amount ever become someone like Kane. Everyone is aware of how unlikely it is a player is a success, but that makes it even sweeter when an academy player does make it.

How difficult is it really as a fan to give the kids some patience and backing as a supporter? I have no idea why you've turned your frustrations with Levy/the owners (which most of us share) on to someone like Scarlett.

Again, 17 years old. Most of the best players in world football currently would've been barely out of an academy at that age or playing in some distant league.

HAHAHAHA

Sooooo defensive when it comes to Mr Flat Track
Why do you do it?

You seem to take great joy in winding up Spurs fans regarding Kane. Whether he scores, doesn't score, plays well, plays poorly, you're on here constantly digging him out just to get a rise out of fellow fans.

Why?

The obvious conclusion is that you're actually not a Spurs fan, why else would you do it?

If you are a Spurs fan, of which I have my doubts, then why don't you give it a rest?

Back
Top Bottom