Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have had people on here trying to liken the Saudi leadership to the Conservative Party, ENIC, the UK government and the US government. Fuck me they are stretching.
Just fucking say I want Spurs to win trophies at any cost and I don't give a fuck who it is that buys us or what they have done.
There are people on here that would accept Hitler buying the club because 'there is no direct evidence he personally killed any jews'.

Absolutely staggering.

You might view the Saudis as the big bad in the world, but numerous polls have shown that on a global basis, it is the glorious United States which tops polls for being seen as the biggest threat to world peace.

And if we're talking torture, assassinations and war crimes, the Saudis won't even come close to what consecutive American governments have sanctioned. Only a little while ago one of their many drone strikes murdered 10 innocent people, including kids.

Very sorry to hear you felt you had to give up your Haringey season ticket. Their chairman is a very good mate of mine (hope he wasn’t the problem!! he can be a bit of a volatile character!!) I love a day out at Cole’s Park 🎵We’re just a bus stop in Tottenham 🎵and have been to a fair few away games-the away following is fantastic!
I hope time can be a healer and you can return to the Bell End one day…
I was a founder member of the Bellend,it was fun in the beginning :)

I wont go in the ground as a home fan, and yes it was down to Aki ,to a point.
When we played Herne Bay a bloke among the away fans had a Northern Ireland flag. Some of the blokes who stood near me, took exception to it and demanded it was removed .The bloke refused(as would i) ,and Aki came out with a statement via twitter about not tolerating racist flags. He got bombarded with messages pulling him on his statement and and asked to clarify what he meant by the Belfast Telegraph. He declined .Though he did retract his "racist flag" comment.
I was working that day, which was just as well, as i would probably have been barred and not voluntary like i am now :)

The older school Newcastle fans will get bored in a few years. Lot of my mates were Chelsea and they loved the first 2 or 3 years but it just becomes meaningless. Most knocked it on the head or go to non league now. Of course you always get 1 or 2 gobshites that cling on and act like they've earnt all the success the hard way. The Newcastle fans that arent the new breed will still pine for the Keegan years even as they lift league titles because deep down they'll know its all hollow.

Would you accept someone like Abramovich though?

Not having a go but where do you stop?
Stretch it even further?

How about Pol Pot (when he was alive) or Stalin (Putin), Lukashenko or Kim Jong Un? How about a Columbian/Mexican drug cartel?

A line must be drawn somewhere and in my view - accepting petro-billions from Saudi, over-steps it.

I've worked in that hot, fetid, cess-pit of intolerent, fundamentalist, privilege-for-the-few, 'masculinity' and can only recommend tarmaccing it over.

Other than oil, it has nothing going for it.

Good luck Toons.

A barcodes-supporting colleague came to gloat this morning: he couldn’t be happier. I mentioned sportwashing and that we’ll have to make up some new chants for when we go to St James’, but he really couldn’t care less about the ownership. I also suggested that - when they don’t invest £100bn in the first six months, they’ll have some entitled fans wanting him out like Ashley, he wasn’t hearing it.

Time will tell, but it appalls me because the whole Saudi links are so blatant. For my money, no, I couldn’t carry on ‘proper’ supporting if we were taken over in that way by that type of owner.

But then, I have a real soft spot for Anderton, and he was injured all the time: I don’t think I have the ‘ambition’ that the modern fan or player has. I just want to see football played well.

You might view the Saudis as the big bad in the world, but numerous polls have shown that on a global basis, it is the glorious United States which tops polls for being seen as the biggest threat to world peace.

And if we're talking torture, assassinations and war crimes, the Saudis won't even come close to what consecutive American governments have sanctioned. Only a little while ago one of their many drone strikes murdered 10 innocent people, including kids.
The US government is fucking rancid as well, and definitely ought not own a football club.

They'd completely fuck it up, even if they did, no need to worry. You think ENIC make up reasons to celebrate their non-excellent performance? Bruh. There's a thread in the OT you should familiarize yourself with.

Stretch it even further?

How about Pol Pot (when he was alive) or Stalin (Putin), Lukashenko or Kim Jong Un? How about a Columbian/Mexican drug cartel?

A line must be drawn somewhere and in my view - accepting petro-billions from Saudi, over-steps it.

I've worked in that hot, fetid, cess-pit of intolerent, fundamentalist, privilege-for-the-few, 'masculinity' and can only recommend tarmaccing it over.

Other than oil, it has nothing going for it.

Good luck Toons.
The only difference between the regimes you quote and the regimes running these petrol clubs, is the media/NATO narrative. We buy their oil, they buy our arms, so we, in the West, just agree to bend over backwards turning a blind eye to what they do.

Our grandchildren will write books about our shame, certainly.

Basically proves the point that money talks. And for all everyone's lip service to equality, they are happy to forget about it if your team wins a few trophies.

True colours coming out left, right and centre.
I can't imagine being the NUFC supporter from the LGBT supporters group that penned a letter welcoming an ownership group which, but for an arbitrarily defined invisible international border, would have them all summarily executed in public.

How the fuck can winning a football match matter compared to that? How can you want your club owned by someone who views you as a subhuman worthy only of death?

Bizarre.

My only hope is that when the Toons get their new £2-billion stadium built with imported Sri Lankan labour, they name one end after their most famous son.

'The Paul Cannell end'.

I was a founder member of the Bellend,it was fun in the beginning :)

I wont go in the ground as a home fan, and yes it was down to Aki ,to a point.
When we played Herne Bay a bloke among the away fans had a Northern Ireland flag. Some of the blokes who stood near me, took exception to it and demanded it was removed .The bloke refused(as would i) ,and Aki came out with a statement via twitter about not tolerating racist flags. He got bombarded with messages pulling him on his statement and and asked to clarify what he meant by the Belfast Telegraph. He declined .Though he did retract his "racist flag" comment.
I was working that day, which was just as well, as i would probably have been barred and not voluntary like i am now :)

You did the right thing.

I'd be very interested to know who on here would genuinely reject bids for Kane on moral grounds. Not specifically from Newcastle's owners, but City or PSG too. Because most people on here that I've seen were pro selling him for big money.

Either way you're using dirty money to fund a rebuild. Either its them directly owning you, or it's you taking the money in exchange for something. Where do your principles come in to it?
Great post.

If Levy sold an ageing Kane for £150million to Newcastle, or any other player for an extortionate fee to, ahem, fund a rebuild, Levy will be lauded by his fan club as some kind of genius and all their moral dilemmas will magically disappear.

We've seen it already to a lesser extent with Kyle Walker

Back
Top Bottom