Vitesse Arnhem v Tottenham Hotspur 17:45 Thurs October 21st

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele and Ndombele have their fans as well.

GLC has shown so much more than either recently at the International level so he gets credit for that, he was our best player at times in the recent past for Spurs neither Dele or Ndombele have that.

There are few if any that credit him for being amazing right now more, like with Dele and Ndombele, fans that see his clear skill and us lacking it so are willing to give him credit, just like what happens with Dele and Ndombele.
I actually find it more irritating that he's apparently been good for Argentina tbh.
It's almost as if he's showing what he cares more about. He's playing well for them AND not bothered about the potential quarantine issues when he gets back and is then utterly shit for us if he even plays.

The shocking thing about it all is that two of the players on the pitch cost £80m between them.

When we do spend big money, it's always on the wrong fucking players.

You were probably the most vocal of anyone in saying we didn't need striker back up during our self-imposed transfer ban
Wrong
I can show the arguments I had with Totti over it in January 2019

I said we should use the back up strikers we have and integrate them.
Then when we didn’t, I wanted to sign one.

Last edited:
Bill Madrid Bill Madrid
Sometimes it’s good to repeat yourself so when people lie about you there’s a ton of evidence

The first one is particularly interesting, and was from a time Kane was injured but most people thought a RB was priority…

My views on Kane have been consistent
Which goes back to my point earlier in the week that the club have been naive in the striker department.
Do we think Kane is going to play every game for the next 15 years?

Dembele has gone, and needs replacing, so that one player can cover the loss of Dele and Sissoko and one striker to replace our two back up strikers.
So three out, two in.

I want a striker or forward/winger

I don’t really care who we sign.
I want a striker and personally I don’t care who it is if they do what we bought them for.

Unlike some people, I won’t call for new players, then call them shit before they’ve joined

This window, in my opinion, we need a quality striker, and cover for Dembele, but as the manager says, if we can’t, then pointless appeasement signings won’t be made.

Well he could, but if we can’t sign them then he won’t sign anyone.

Personally I’d be happier for him to take a punt on a striker. Whether it’s a buy or throw Sterling in I don’t care.
But continuing with Llorente while bemoaning options in the market while you leave a prospect on the bench I’ll never understand.

He trains with the team everyday and has been here for years, so why would he offer less than a young player from Hull or Leeds?
Better unknown than knowingly playing someone who can’t do the job

so, do you want to win a match with that lineup uh?
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

let's think to west ham

I actually find it more irritating that he's apparently been good for Argentina tbh.
It's almost as if he's showing what he cares more about. He's playing well for them AND not bothered about the potential quarantine issues when he gets back and is then utterly shit for us if he even plays.
Or maybe we need to find out WHY he plays well for Argentina and fit that into the team. He clearly has talent .

Fucking bullshit.

Winks, Doherty, Dier, Davies and a shit-tonne before them....

....But we only slate our black players????

FUCK OFF.... And fuck those of you agreeing with this toxic bullshit too.
Way too complex a debate to get into with people on here, especially if I'm already going to have statements I haven't made put in my mouth.

But just being on this forum past few years I've noticed it from certain posters, the fact you're immediately willing to talk for the entire spurs fan base and rule out that this happens is quite incredible too, especially given the events of the past few years on social media.

But I'll leave it there.

Who is now better at right wing

Maybe so, but he arrived a striker. Just because he can now play a different position well doesn’t change that he’s also capable of playing through the middle perfectly naturally.

And again, the lack of a striker would hurt us far more than City. Their system isn’t reliant on an out and out goal scorer like ours is.

Right. Sometimes players force their way into the reckoning at a young age. Often future stars, but sometimes just ordinary players who mature unusually quickly and show themselves capable.

Scarlett has now made 3 competitive starts for us and looked lost and badly overmatched in all of them. And he’ll make more in this competition because the club doesn’t give a shit about competitive integrity, or about Dane Scarlett for that matter.

Not getting into name calling but it is unfair on Scarlett, who should be out on loan learning his trade, and under less pressure and spotlight.

For us not to have a 2nd striker is the biggest blind spot I can think of, especially with what was going on in the summer.

There are numerous out there who could bridge the chasm that sits between Kane and Captain Scarlett.

Maybe so, but he arrived a striker. Just because he can now play a different position well doesn’t change that he’s also capable of playing through the middle perfectly naturally.

And again, the lack of a striker would hurt us far more than City. Their system isn’t reliant on an out and out goal scorer like ours is.

That's because we quite obviously should always try to play to the strengths of our best player

That's because we quite obviously should always try to play to the strengths of our best player

Well yes, I'm not implying we should deploy a false 9. I'm saying we're reliant on an out and out CF in our system, and should probably acquire a reliable backup who can play cup matches, provide a threat from the bench and challenge for a place.

It won't be easy, not many will want to play second fiddle for Kane. Somebody like Daka would have been perfect if it was at all possible. It's ridiculous we're wheeling out a 17 year old in Europe.

Well yes, I'm not implying we should deploy a false 9. I'm saying we're reliant on an out and out CF in our system, and should probably acquire a reliable backup who can play cup matches, provide a threat from the bench and challenge for a place.

It won't be easy, not many will want to play second fiddle for Kane. Somebody like Daka would have been perfect if it was at all possible. It's ridiculous we're wheeling out a 17 year old in Europe.

Well I don't think it is - these guys like Scarlett and Markanday will just leave if there's no route to the first team.

We could sign another Vinicius, but long term they won't be good enough.....it's just a waste of money and squad place to feel better about beating Vitesse away

Well I don't think it is - these guys like Scarlett and Markanday will just leave if there's no route to the first team.

We could sign another Vinicius, but long term they won't be good enough.....it's just a waste of money and squad place to feel better about beating Vitesse away

Scarlett is 17. He should be playing U21 unless he's a generational talent with the physicality to step up, and then when he develops a bit more should go on loan. There's no reason for him to be wasting his time playing European games with no service where he can't compete because he isn't ready.

And the only alternative isn't another Vinicius, there are forwards out there with ability. A waste of a squad place having a backup CF like most teams in world football do? Really?

Back
Top Bottom