West Ham versus Tottenham Hotspur Sunday 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane is not a defender and doesn't have defensive instincts.
Watch it. He was stood there ready to get his head on it.

Oh wait.

It was at foot height.

Shit.

:kanehand:

Well unfortunate as it is, we can't sub on another 6 centre-backs just for corners; so the rest of the team have to muck in the best they can......

Kane has however succesfully defended countless corners for us over the years so we might have to just take this one on the chin.

Is that saying much ? Skipp puts a shift in but offers nothing going forward. Same with Hojbjerg. That’s a big part of the problem with the spurs MF right now we’re 2 of the 3 offer absolutely nothing going forward.

Gonna start pissing blood if I have to read this comment much more....

He's a DM, not a CAM FFS!!!!

Meanwhile PEH is a #8 who has more goals and assists than our so-called creative MFs this season.

Is that saying much ? Skipp puts a shift in but offers nothing going forward. Same with Hojbjerg. That’s a big part of the problem with the spurs MF right now we’re 2 of the 3 offer absolutely nothing going forward.
I don't disagree but it's literally what his role is. Collect, intercept and recycle. The issue we have is that we use and need two of them, because neither is good enough on their own (and even that's not enough) and it stifles our creativity.

We would be better fucking it all off and going gung-ho. Lol.

I don't disagree but it's literally what his role is. Collect, intercept and recycle. The issue we have is that we use and need two of them, because neither is good enough on their own (and even that's not enough) and it stifles our creativity.

We play both of them becasue we have no other #8s (or #10s) that aren't powder-puff.

We would be better fucking it all off and going gung-ho. Lol.

We REALLY wouldn't.

Last edited:
We play both of them becasue we have no #8s (or #10s) that aren't powder-puff.

We REALLY wouldn't.
I was joking a bit, but last year before we capitulated against West Ham we were scoring for fun.

We can't defend for shit and clearly struggle to attack right now. I know which way I would turn that dial.

Gonna start pissing blood if I have to read this comment much more....

He's a DM, not a CAM FFS!!!!

Meanwhile PEH is a #8 who has more goals and assists than our so-called creative MFs this season.

He was also Denmark's most creative player in the Euros, and one of the most creative players at the tournament full stop. Now it's obviously a short term deal, but he had enough technical ability to be deployed in a different role for them and it worked well.

Skipp/PEH/Ndombele isn't ideal balance wise, but it should be more creative than it is. The issue is that they're not being well coached at all.

And not much defensively either.

The one Skipp stopped and the West Ham player kept going and took it past 3 of our players was a joke. Whether it was in or out, the referee makes the decision not the players.

I can sum up every Skip game I've seen.
Get's ball. Puts both arms out in the helicopter position. Winds body up. Uncoils a 25 yard side pass.
Which is somewhat better than Winks' and his 5 yard backards pass.

Word for word what you said, but nice to see you’ve reached the point of backtracking and got past outright denial of what’s in front of your face.
He is using it as a poor attempt to deflect their embarrassing loss - not some kind of tactical analysis. It's laughable - please stop

He is using it as a poor attempt to deflect their embarrassing loss - not some kind of tactical analysis. It's laughable - please stop

Oh no you’re still at the point of total denial. Got you. Honestly I thought you’d managed some personal growth for a second there and I was concerned.

Posted this before but here's Wenger (say what you want about him, one of the smartest guys to ever work in football) talking about the same thing, with nothing to deflect from. But you know better than him as well, right?

Oh no you’re still at the point of total denial. Got you. Honestly I thought you’d managed some personal growth for a second there and I was concerned.

Posted this before but here's Wenger (say what you want about him, one of the smartest guys to ever work in football) talking about the same thing, with nothing to deflect from. But you know better than him as well, right?

Wenger is a meme - we've been over this before

It's a joke stat used by Twitter fanbois - nothing you'll say will ever change my mind

Wenger is a meme - we've been over this before

It's a joke stat used by Twitter fanbois - nothing you'll say will ever change my mind

And Klopp, and Tuchel, and Wenger, and a whole bunch of other managers, but you're right in that there's no changing somebody's mind when it is this closed off. Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom