In search of Nuno's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who do you want?

• Graham Potter

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • Scott Parker

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Mauricio Pochettino

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Erik Ten Hag

Votes: 16 12.4%
  • Paulo Fonseca

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Marcelo Gallardo

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Gian Piero Gasperini

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Antonio Conte

Votes: 39 30.2%
  • Steven Gerrard

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Lucien Favre

• Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Ralph Hasenhüttl

• Bo Svensson

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sérgio Conceição

• Niko Kovač

• Total voters
Cheaper to sack the manager rather than reinvest in the squad. Poch came out and said they needed a painful rebuilding process, then got the ass. Managerial merry go round will appease the disgruntled supporters momentarily as some other manager(scapegoat) jumps in the hot seat. Only to be sacked in 6 months time because the team is not performing.

When at the end of the day they just do not have the quality in the squad. And some players careers have just stalled there, it would of been better for all parties had Alli and Winks moved on, as well as selling those players who want out(Kane and Ndombele). But then Spurs need to buy players, and they don't like spending money. Unless it's on an urban development project, seems Levy is quick to fork out money on any and all construction projects.

Nuno got lucky in those first couple of games, there is no way they should have won vs Wolves. Wolves absolutely battered them but just could not put the ball in the back of the net. Looking over the stats Spurs should probably be around 15th or so.

Some absolute list fillers there at silly odds.

I don't trust Levy and Co to make the right appointment at all. Giving it the big about wanting to play exciting attacking football and then hiring Nuno - who got sacked by Wolves for not playing good enough football ffs...
im betting the porto manager only problem is unless its a big name i could see it going south further

We need a winner. Someone who has won it all before. Lets get Mourinho.

Shock Smile To Frown GIF by Hollyoaks

Does it matter when all of them are only going to be handed an 18 month contract?

I mean FFS Levy. Back to Mason and being linked with Fonseca? It's like last year all over again. And who the fuck wants to do that again
I’m all geared up for another managerial saga. It was great fun in the summer. Hopefully we’ll have someone in before Christmas.

I did vote for Potter at the beginning before the circus came to town , So I will stick with him now.

Would he want it though ?

Has the board finally poisoned the life out of us ?

I just want my old Spurs back regardless ..

Niko Kovac?

Watched his Monaco a month ago.

That is the worst professional football I have watched my entire life.

LFKV (Little Fat Kevin Volland) looked like Johan Cruyff in that bunch. Absolutely hopeless.

Needed both red cards and penalty claims, well dodgy too, in order to get anything.

They were absolutely dogshit. Even by lower league french standards.

So you missed Saturday's game?

I want Ten Hag but if he comes here we will ruin him so I'd rather he stay at Ajax. Make of that what you will.

Never heard of Bo Svensson so I voted for him.

If Conte comes to Spurs, it will end in fucking tears. He is a top coach. One of the best available.
We steal a March on United (who will be getting rid of Ole very soon in spite of thumping us)
He will get results and demand money to spend. Not unreasonable? Levy will put the knackers on that (after all, he’s getting results) & Conte’s wig will fly off in rage.

Cheaper to sack the manager rather than reinvest in the squad. Poch came out and said they needed a painful rebuilding process, then got the ass. Managerial merry go round will appease the disgruntled supporters momentarily as some other manager(scapegoat) jumps in the hot seat. Only to be sacked in 6 months time because the team is not performing.

When at the end of the day they just do not have the quality in the squad. And some players careers have just stalled there, it would of been better for all parties had Alli and Winks moved on, as well as selling those players who want out(Kane and Ndombele). But then Spurs need to buy players, and they don't like spending money. Unless it's on an urban development project, seems Levy is quick to fork out money on any and all construction projects.

Nuno got lucky in those first couple of games, there is no way they should have won vs Wolves. Wolves absolutely battered them but just could not put the ball in the back of the net. Looking over the stats Spurs should probably be around 15th or so.
I agree that we deserved a loss against Wolves and arguably against Watford as well. You could legitimately see that as a draw though, and that would put us at 10 points. That’s exactly why Nuno is getting sacked. Sure, technically speaking, we’re 8th and 5 points out of 4th. But our form is much more dire and we could very easily be in a relegation battle.

Back
Top Bottom