Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of a war of attrition today, but not a bad point. In context if we had lost Conte’s first league game and headed into the break off the back of another defeat it would have been much harder than having a platform, which is 2 games. No defeats & clean sheet today. An ok home match to come next. Seen plenty of Spurs teams do a lot worse at Everton in the past.

One observation about Everton’s fans. As a collective they do not seem to have any idea at all about football. Baying for blood on stuff that is routine is not a good look.

We'd have got battered in that game if beardo-foldy-arms was still here.

A point and a clean sheet + much better intention/urgency.

Conte's excellent, but he's not a demi-god.

There's no way around average players.

You just have to get rid of them (or relegate them to squad fodder).

January will be interesting.

When is a manager going to grow a pair and take off Kane? he offers absolutely nothing. Compare his performance leading our line to Richarlisons today. Richarlison was all over our defenders like a rash, hurrying them up, making them kick it anywhere, throwing his body in and running into the channels to offer an out ball for his team. Kane waddled about like a duck and when he did get it it either bounced straight off him or he passed it straight to a blue shirt.

Why would the issues change in the whole week that he’s been here?

It’s called needing time. If anyone judges Conte in his first 12 months, I’ll be paying them a fucking visit.
I don't think any of it is a management issue. I didn't think it was a nuno issue I didn't think it was a Jose issue and I didn't think it was a poch issue. Problem is it's always been cheaper to sack a manager than give the squad what it needs.

I know we can't sell kane till Jan but that does not mean we have to play him. Frankly we are utter crap and it would not matter who we bring in. Levy destroyed the club and as long as he is there the players won't play and the managers will come and go.... Dreadful position we are in - nuno no shots on target, conte no shots on target, even Maureen had a couple of games with no shots on target - levy out!

We lose that game 3-0 under Nuno.
I have to agree. Everton were up for it. We didn't sit as deep when Conte told them to push up. More positive than it's been but still pretty shit. We can't expect changes overnight.

Levy needs to look at some of those players and face facts they aren't up to it. We've hired a top, and expensive manager. Wasted if he isn't backed.

PEH couldn't make a 5 yard pass yet everyone is having a go at GLC.

PEH was terrible out there, but he is a golden boy so will get a pass.

2 and a half games without a shot on target. Woolwich further into the distance. Contès first league game debut without a win i believe. Only at Spurs....
Years of neglect in the transfer market and piss poor signings bring all this. Did he know it would be this bad i wonder? Kane imo still wants to fuck off to City, despite our new manager. I've got news fella, they won't fuckin buy you!! Heading for an Everton or a Palace in a year or two at this rate..

Back
Top Bottom