Pierre-Emile Højbjerg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I mean, he’s unquestionably had some 8’s in his time here. I’ll be the sock puppet for that view.

He was also easily a 9 in our demolition of United last year, but so was Aurier, the world is a mysterious place.

Though he also was poor for most of the second half of last year, so it isn’t exactly true that he’s Mr. Consistency. He and Winks really brought out the worst in each other.

Pretty much my take.....

I don't see anyone here blindly rating him as brilliant every week. I think that's just Iggy-Jive.

I think what people want is top 4 level performance like we do for all our players. Someone mentioned Henderson, if PEH was at that level that would be great but he isn't. He is a liability with the ball. He limits what we can do because he can't progress the ball.

I think people see Henderson and think it is a good comparison because Henderson isn't Eriksen in terms of creativity, but Henderson actually highlights the problem with PEH. Henderson doesn't create but he doesn't limit Liverpool either, PEH could not play the role Henderson does at Liverpool he doesn't have the passing ability.

We don't need Modric/Dembele from every one of our MF but we need top 4/6 level of play and PEH is not there despite how much his fan bois wished his yelling and pointing gets him.
Henderson comparisons are ridiculous. Other than the defensive stuff, he is an excellent passer. And a real leader. And unlike PEH, he doesnt shout at others for his own mistakes.

Let’s hope it’s a ruse so he can leave International Duty early…

Not the type to fake it..... One of those die for your country types..... That whole Denmark team were massively committed.

Let's just hope it's nothing serious and that he doesn't aggravate anything by forcing himself to play.

Not the type to fake it..... One of those die for your country types..... That whole Denmark team were massively committed.

Let's just hope it's nothing serious and that he doesn't aggravate anything by forcing himself to play.

That’s true…

I wonder if the injury’s related to the challenge Holgate made?

We could really do with Hojbjerg being fit though, especially with Skipp missing the next game

I'm not sure why there's so much hate for him. Like others have said he has been pretty inconsistent of late but three different managers is bound to have an impact.

At times he has played some amazing balls through to the forwards and bagged goals himself. Personally I see him as a decent enforcer and feel there are other areas of more concern.

I'm not sure why there's so much hate for him. Like others have said he has been pretty inconsistent of late but three different managers is bound to have an impact.

At times he has played some amazing balls through to the forwards and bagged goals himself. Personally I see him as a decent enforcer and feel there are other areas of more concern.

Indeed. Despite this; ironically, his main detractor in the last couple of pages is a kiss-spamming white knight for Lo Celso (whom on the whole has performed worse both defensively & attacking-wise than PEH).....

A hard man....

Have you actually seen him?
I mean, by modern football standards.

This team was sorely lacking in toughness a year or so ago. Still is really. Romero and Skipp help, Kane mincing around like he’d rather be anywhere else doesn’t.

Re: PEH and hardness, man, he’s got some of the worst tattoos I’ve ever seen :contefacepalm2:

Indeed. Despite this; ironically, his main detractor in the last couple of pages is a kiss-spamming white knight for Lo Celso (whom on the whole has performed worse both defensively & attacking-wise than PEH).....

I am not a detractor just pointing out the reality of the player.

Being truthful about Hjobjerg is not hating on him. I don't get why his fans can't handle criticism of him and it always has to be spun as hate.

It's bizarre how much people are hating on our players.

My old school Liverpool mate is a big fan of Henderson. As he says, he's a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 in pretty much every game, there's a lot to be said for that.

Look at the grief that Davies, Dier and Reguilón are getting for 6.5 out of 10 performances yesterday. No, they were woeful, we need to get rid and so forth.

They weren't 70s Brazil, 90s Barcelona admittedly but were definitely OK. Did some things well, others not so well, just like every player at some point throughout football history.

Seriously it baffles me. So we sell them and bring in supposed upgrades (obviously, you can improve on every player in your squad if you have the dosh to do so). What happens when they inevitably have an average 6 out of 10 game? Howl with fury and demand they get replaced?
Internet has become nothing but a criticism factory. Everyone and every thing is terrible... just ask the internet. They will tell you.

I think what people want is top 4 level performance like we do for all our players. Someone mentioned Henderson, if PEH was at that level that would be great but he isn't. He is a liability with the ball. He limits what we can do because he can't progress the ball.

I think people see Henderson and think it is a good comparison because Henderson isn't Eriksen in terms of creativity, but Henderson actually highlights the problem with PEH. Henderson doesn't create but he doesn't limit Liverpool either, PEH could not play the role Henderson does at Liverpool he doesn't have the passing ability.

We don't need Modric/Dembele from every one of our MF but we need top 4/6 level of play and PEH is not there despite how much his fan bois wished his yelling and pointing gets him.

Of course the massive irony of your point is that Henderson 5 years ago wasn't the Henderson now until an elite coach got hold of him and refined his game, go on look what the Liverpool fans were saying about him when Klopp first came in...exactly the same things that some people are saying now about Hojbjerg, they wanted him gone because he technically wasn't good enough, didn't move the ball quick enough etc...5 years on and he's Liverpool's captain and one of their most important players, go figure.

People who think that Conte is gonna drop Hojbjerg are going to be very disappointed, it's just utter wishful thinking and false hope. Conte has done this before with players that most would consider 'average' he gets a lot more out of them - he did this with Claudio Marchiso for Juve, Matic for Chelsea, and Motta for the Italy team, not the most technical players but hides their deficiencies and enhances their competencies - they are his generals on the pitch because he knows he can trust them, Hojbjerg is going to be no different.

You might as well stop bitching and moaning about him being in the team and get used to it, you'll be much better off for it in the long run.

Of course the massive irony of your point is that Henderson 5 years ago wasn't the Henderson now until an elite coach got hold of him and refined his game, go on look what the Liverpool fans were saying about him when Klopp first came in...exactly the same things that some people are saying now about Hojbjerg, they wanted him gone because he technically wasn't good enough, didn't move the ball quick enough etc...5 years on and he's Liverpool's captain and one of their most important players, go figure.

People who think that Conte is gonna drop Hojbjerg are going to be very disappointed, it's just utter wishful thinking and false hope. Conte has done this before with players that most would consider 'average' he gets a lot more out of them - he did this with Claudio Marchiso for Juve, Matic for Chelsea, and Motta for the Italy team, not the most technical players but hides their deficiencies and enhances their competencies - they are his generals on the pitch because he knows he can trust them, Hojbjerg is going to be no different.

You might as well stop bitching and moaning about him being in the team and get used to it, you'll be much better off for it in the long run.
PEH will be out of the side by Jan, and be a bit part squad player 👍

Back
Top Bottom