Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane was seriously rubbish.
I think those final two minutes is what’s giving the perception that he was bad today.

I thought he did well. Not saying much, but he was the best player in the 1st half, decent in the 2nd.

He should’ve scored that first chance, otherwise he didn’t do much wrong. Relative to our other players, he was good.

Shall we at least give it a a few weeks of Conte before piling more cunting onto an already fairly substantial mountain of excess cuntiness that's been heaped his way.

Fingers are crossed, but little faith.

If we switch to a 352, he could become pretty pivotal. It we stick with a 343 then even I'll give up.

Nah, balls to that.... You're just laying it all in the lap of Conte's tactics. You heard the man during the week.... Yet another manager telling him to pull his finger out.

Conte is no fool.

Lots to do as those who are realistic will know but at half-time I thought we would win and we did.

It's as clear as day changes are needed, so we need to turn the record off about certain players.

Conte will need until the start of next season before the team resembles anything he would call his own.

If we finish in the top 7 this season, with this squad it would represent par for me.

We have nobody who any of the best 3 teams would swap, and I include Kane for Jesus, based on this season.

Last edited:
Nerve wracking stuff, but nice to get that feeling back.

Thought Leeds were really decent.

They don’t have great quality player for player but they are fit, hard working and know their roles. In that respect they are ahead of us a bit but under Conte we will catch them on those aspects as the season goes on. They are a team and we are still a bit individual but Conte will get us to where we need to be I am sure of it.

Who is my lover boy Tyler bitch

Reaction GIF

We could have scored 5 goals today if not for the woodwork btw.

Stats just came up there and we out-ran Leeds today, they worked their socks off. Especially Winks tbh, who won't get much credit at all for doing a hard 90 mins.

Will be interesting to see if he puts Skipp straight back in or not tbh after a first win.

Weird game. Let's be honest, first 45 mins were up there with the worst halves we've played in the last 3 months / 2 years. Then 2nd half there was suddenly energy and intent, and the dynamic changed. Personally I'm primarily crediting Lucas with that. One of our most underestimated players of the last 20 years, so many on here detest him, not understanding what he gives the team that no one else in our current squad can. :(

Also in the last 10 mins, Conte was like a 12th man - when he 'raised' the fans, that raised the energy levels in the players, and got us over the line. That's going to be invaluable at times in the future.

Still very much a work-in-progress of course, but as sudoku says, certainly green shoots, and personally I'd rather have got the 3 points today than a comprehensively top performance - the latter will surely come in time.

Back
Top Bottom