Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could this possibly be the game where it happens

I’m shaking with anticipation

Could this be the game where we have a shot on target

SCENES if we do

I seem to remember Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 saying he used to sit near a number of Jews who seemed uncomfortable at the word and as a result he steered clear of joining the chants. Could be misremembering. I personally don't think it would hurt to ask the Jewish community their thoughts regularly. Every few years for example. Times do change as we know, and so do peoples sensitivities. My biggest concern is that our already slim songbook would become virtually non-existant!
Hi mate, yeah it was me. But it was a bit more nuanced than that (and here in lies the complexity) at old Lane the guy I sat next to was Jewish, a lovely fella and really enjoyed catching up with him each and every home game. One day I asked him his views on the word, in particular, whether he was offended with me singing it. He said he wasn't offended by me but was offended by the word. With this known how the hell could I ever sing it?! So from that day on I never once sang it.

However, then comes the complicated bit, he would often give his ticket to his brother and his nephew and to my utter amazement both would belt out all reference to Yids like I've never heard before, propper passionate. I got talking to them and asked them why, where both said White Hart Lane was the only place apart from their home and synagog where they could be overtly and openly Jewish without the fear of someone giving them an earful of antisemitic abuse.

For me, I will defer whether "yid" should be sung or not by what Jewish Spurs fans say. The way I see it is Spurs fans came together to support our Jewish fans who were regularly receiving antisemitic abuse, rather than look away we stood by them and declared ourselves as one and the same, Yids, the whole fanbase became Yids. So, if our fellow Jewish Spurs fans now feel it's time to not use the term Yids anymore then I'll do just that, whatever they say goes (I'm not Jewish so need to be told by Jews, not some jumped up reporter garnering clicks on the internet and for that matter for additional clarity not even Jews from other football clubs so Bediel can fucking do one).

Hahahaha Conte giving it man hugs all round.... Bumps into a Leeds player in the process and shoves him out the way! :contelol:

Winks' return is 100% due to Mason

100%
There are presumably 2 possibilities:
  1. Conte, probably one of the top 5 managers in the world, a pretty arrogant guy who clearly knows is own mind, is doing what Mason tells him to do.
  2. Conte is doubtful about N'Dombele's fitness, attitude, likelihood of doing what he is told to do on the pitch, meanwhile he was impressed with those same attributes in Winks during training etc, so chose Winks to play yesterday (several others being unavailable).
Are you seriously saying that you think 1 above is more likely than 2?
Do you really think anyone on here will give you any credibility on any football opinion you care to give in the future if you honestly say '1'?

Last edited:
I'm taking a clean slate approach to to the whole team at this point. If Conte can turn Winks around and make him a real player again then there is no downside to it. If he can't make that happen then he will relegate him out of the team and we'll see someone else.

VonnegutBusy said:
Agree thick Irish fuck. The lights are on but no one's home.

I don't think I've ever even given out a disagree on this site, but surprised and disappointed that this blatant racism hasn't been called out by more here. (well done Airfix btw) About 4 disagreed with his post.

For a filter, just run it by yourselves if he'd said 'black, asian or jewish thick cunt'.. all equally unacceptable.. as would be English white cunt )
a sad reminder that anti Irish racism still passes people by, even those who would see themselves as well meaning.

VonnegutBusy.. you had a chance to reconsider your post and doubled down.. you still sticking by it?

I missed that post. Completely agree with you. Out of order.

A simple glance at the table tells me Kane should be able to get on the score sheet
shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

VonnegutBusy said:
Agree thick Irish fuck. The lights are on but no one's home.

I don't think I've ever even given out a disagree on this site, but surprised and disappointed that this blatant racism hasn't been called out by more here. (well done Airfix btw) About 4 disagreed with his post.

For a filter, just run it by yourselves if he'd said 'black, asian or jewish thick cunt'.. all equally unacceptable.. as would be English white cunt )
a sad reminder that anti Irish racism still passes people by, even those who would see themselves as well meaning.

VonnegutBusy.. you had a chance to reconsider your post and doubled down.. you still sticking by it?

Back
Top Bottom