Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm taking a clean slate approach to to the whole team at this point. If Conte can turn Winks around and make him a real player again then there is no downside to it. If he can't make that happen then he will relegate him out of the team and we'll see someone else.

I'm taking a clean slate approach to to the whole team at this point. If Conte can turn Winks around and make him a real player again then there is no downside to it. If he can't make that happen then he will relegate him out of the team and we'll see someone else.
Spot on mate. Under Conte, he or any other player could massively improve. His selection at least means he is trying hard to do what the manager is asking of him. If he isn’t up to scratch then he won’t last. Benefit of the doubt, hopefully he’ll do well.

Thamesmead was literally a gigantic estate build on a…….mead.
So we had rat infested lakes and swamps dotted around the maze of concrete flats.

The underpasses was literally a lottery if you got to the other side of the road or battered.
Travelers, Rude boys, wide boys, skinheads, proper melting pot, which made the 90s race riots inevitably violent, but at least the police were there to add a 5th element.

Oh the memories
That's brought back a memory for me...

Back in the mid-late 80s I was a (very low-ranking) press photographer, freelance (i.e. mostly unemployed) toward the end. The New Statesman sent me down there to do some photos on a piece they ran which was to be like "this is London's future, isn't it beautiful". My photos were supposed to reflect this ideal vision. I'd never been before, only vaguely heard of it, but along I went and spent the best part of a day trudging around. It depressed the hell out of me, no one looked in the least bit happy, the scenery was wall-to-wall bleak. I remember the underpasses and "lakes" - was there a canal or something like that? I took a picture of two lads there, they were off there heads so didn't care, I had to work to get an angle that didn't show the toxic scum floating on the surface.

I did my best but it was a bit like polishing a turd, no disrespect. I think they eventually ran with a picture of a mum and her baby outside some shops, she was the only person from my pictures who didn't look suicidal. I'll try to dig it out and scan it, might make you nostalgic.

First and last job I did for them

:dierno:

I'm guessing Dele and Tanguy didn't really impress over the international break, after seeing that starting XI.

Let's be hopeful Winks shows us, what he possibly shown Conte over the break to deserve the start today.

He’s not wrong though is he ? Winks, Dier and Davies are bang average players and all 3 are starting. All it does is show us that Conte needs a lot of backing this Jan. The team and squad isn’t good enough.
I thought he was criticising Conte's team choice today - as it seems he wasn't, that's fine, apologies to all for any confusion. :)

I do hope that everyone gets behind all 11 players today. None of them picked themselves, Conte picked them, I do hope the fans give all 11 a chance. Take Winks for example - I don't rate him, neither do 95% of this forum, but Conte has picked him today, must have been encouraged by him in training etc, so I 100% hope to be proved wrong, I hope him and the other 10 all have the games of their lives and we batter Leeds. That can only be a good thing, there is no downside to any of our players playing well, however unexpected it might be.

That's brought back a memory for me...

Back in the mid-late 80s I was a (very low-ranking) press photographer, freelance (i.e. mostly unemployed) toward the end. The New Statesman sent me down there to do some photos on a piece they ran which was to be like "this is London's future, isn't it beautiful". My photos were supposed to reflect this ideal vision. I'd never been before, only vaguely heard of it, but along I went and spent the best part of a day trudging around. It depressed the hell out of me, no one looked in the least bit happy, the scenery was wall-to-wall bleak. I remember the underpasses and "lakes" - was there a canal or something like that? I took a picture of two lads there, they were off there heads so didn't care, I had to work to get an angle that didn't show the toxic scum floating on the surface.

I did my best but it was a bit like polishing a turd, no disrespect. I think they eventually ran with a picture of a mum and her baby outside some shops, she was the only person from my pictures who didn't look suicidal. I'll try to dig it out and scan it, might make you nostalgic.

First and last job I did for them

:dierno:
The canal was full of trolleys and bikes

Saw a dead Doberman once too

As ILSpur ILSpur and KEDS KEDS basically say above: with who we've got out, and who was available to Conte these last two weeks, it's likely either:

(a) Dele and Ndombele did *not* impress; and/or
(b) Winks seriously *did* impress.

I'm hoping hard for (b), and really worried about (a).

As ILSpur ILSpur and KEDS KEDS basically say above: with who we've got out, and who was available to Conte these last two weeks, it's likely either:

(a) Dele and Ndombele did *not* impress; and/or
(b) Winks seriously *did* impress.

I'm hoping hard for (a), and really worried about (b).
Weird, I think the exact opposite - it's not a good thing if Dele / N'Dombele fail to impress yet another manager. Conversely, surely it can only be a good thing if Winks suddenly turns it around, something clicks in his brain or his style of play etc, and he starts impressing a world-class manager.

I know it's unlikely, but as you're talking about what you HOPE, surely best scenario is for Dele and N'Dom to impress, but Winks to impress even more? Why do people on here want any of our players to NOT impress the manager in training. I just don't get it. :/

Weird, I think the exact opposite - it's not a good thing if Dele / N'Dombele fail to impress yet another manager. Conversely, surely it can only be a good thing if Winks suddenly turns it around, something clicks in his brain or his style of ply etc, and he becomes a good player.

I know it's unlikely, but as you're talking about what you HOPE, surely best scenario is for Dele and N'Dom to impress, but Winks to impress even more? Why do people on here want any of our players to NOT impress the manager in training. I just don't get it. :/

You grabbed a quote in the 8 seconds between my post, and my fixing the letters. I'm with you!

Back
Top Bottom