Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really will be painful to watch, especially if Moura is the one linking the two

Lucas would be at RWF anyway which just puts all the onus on long balls to Reg & Emerson.

As sketchy as he can be, pray for Ndombele.

Are you quite religious?
Iv got a Star of David tat on my shoulder,would that be offensive to you as I’m not Jewish?
Don’t follow the religion really mate no, more of an ethnic Jew as my mum likes to say

Wouldn’t offend me in a million years, I’m proud that spurs fans use aspects of my (race I suppose) in their supporting of the club, makes me feel proud

I seem to remember Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 saying he used to sit near a number of Jews who seemed uncomfortable at the word and as a result he steered clear of joining the chants. Could be misremembering. I personally don't think it would hurt to ask the Jewish community their thoughts regularly. Every few years for example. Times do change as we know, and so do peoples sensitivities. My biggest concern is that our already slim songbook would become virtually non-existant!

I seem to remember Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 saying he used to sit near a number of Jews who seemed uncomfortable at the word and as a result he steered clear of joining the chants. Could be misremembering. I personally don't think it would hurt to ask the Jewish community their thoughts regularly. Every few years for example. Times do change as we know, and so do peoples sensitivities. My biggest concern is that our already slim songbook would become virtually non-existant!
My mum says originally the word was used as a greeting between Jewish people, it’s roots aren’t even offensive

I remember my uncle calling me and my sister ‘little yiddies’ as kids (he’s Jewish too)

It’s the bigots that changed the meaning of the word to what they deem it to be

Spurs fans have just changed it back to its origins

Back
Top Bottom