Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact Wanks returned to the first 18 the second Mason returned to management proves that beyond all doubt. Same with the League Cup final last season
You are actually saying mason calls the shots? What planet are you on? A 30 year old novice Vs one of the most demanding managers in the world.

I reported it earlier

Are there any asmins round here, this forum is seriously slack

I've now reported it too.

It's as bad as saying 'thick asian fuck', 'thick african fuck' etc. Most people wouldn't dream of calling someone a 'thick african fuck' so replacing african with irish (or any other nationality) is just as unacceptable.

so calling someone a 'thick Irish fuck' isn't racist?

care to keep on digging?

(I don't consider you spurs by the way), and I'm not crying. And I know you wouldn't say anything like this to anyone if you ever went to Tottenham. You're a stain on this forum and our club.

Mate 99.9% of the board are behind you on this on both points.

Stick Igula on ignore, there has never been a poster ever that sees things the way he does, it's almost like he ..... doesn't support Spurs.

You know, this may be true.
I was at the North end and there were times when the noise engulfed us like a gloriously massive tsunami, to the extent that the people around me started singing too. heehee.
Yep! I've taken up THREE seats since we've moved in (west Upper), South Stand (middle) and now West Upper towards the N/W corner and with this limited number of games experienced in each being out of the South Stand sounds definitely louder (this also includes boos towards the dinosaur before lock down).

Amidst the discussion of Mouras input into the game, I lost count of the amount of times that he was used as the target for passes from defence - as he ran towards his own goal with a Leeds player strapped to his arse.
Logic dictates that a player under such close attention is probably not the person to offload onto, but it happened time and again, as if it were a pre arranged tactic. I assume it was a move designed for Moura to offload quickly whilst dragging a player with him to create space in the area he just vacated

However his velocity in retreat and the howitzer passes he received simply led to ceding possession on numerous occasions. I wonder if this is what people remember, without considering the difficulties he faced in executing such a move.
That aside, he was clearly marked by them as a threat as he ran around imitating the Pied Piper

He had a good game and ran them ragged, making opportunities for other players, and as has been pointed out, was instrumental in both goals. Shame that some people don't see that, obsessed by their own prejudices (ditto Winks, Hojberg, Kane, Dier, Davies - all of whom were much better than the boo boys will have us believe)

Glad to be able to see the televised game - I'd completley missed the ref being bundled to the ground by Philips. Great fun moment.

To be fair, Leeds are an athletic, young, skilful, determined, very well-organised team. Their midfield and defence in the first half were dominant and they thoroughly deserved to win the first half. They made us work so hard (we did not deserve to be booed by our own fans). Got to watch the 2nd half now :)

Good result but improving in the second half isn’t exactly something to get excited about.

It would have been more difficult to play worse.

Three games in, and it’s clear that for “Conte Magic” to work, you still need good players.

Who’d have known

Yes to a certain extent. But the way we surpassed Leeds work rate in the 2nd half was all about Conte IMO.
That's what won us the match, we swarmed on them in the same way they swarmed on us first half. We also adjusted tactically to what they were doing.

Under Nuno we lose that yesterday by 2 or 3 no question in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom