Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I got your PM and responded.
A more considered post on pm Igula, will send you some stuff tomorrow on pm and see where we are. If I've got you wrong after further discussion, I will remove remarks I've said. I am London Irish, parents never educated me on it. Had to educate myself after many years. they came here to get away from any racism over there; if after further discussion I've got you wrong, I will remove remarks

A more considered post on pm Igula, will send you some stuff tomorrow on pm and see where we are. If I've got you wrong after further discussion, I will remove remarks I've said. I am London Irish, parents never educated me on it. Had to educate myself after many years. they came here to get away from any racism over there; if after further discussion I've got you wrong, I will remove remarks

Like the match , a good result.

:contethumb:

Moura was absolute shite today. He's too weak. He has to go.
Utter nonsense, as usual about Moura. In the 2nd half he was one of our best players. (In the 1st half, everyone was terrible!). He directly set up chances for Son & Kane, as well as PEH's goal of course, and won the free kick for the winner. And as usual, he ran at people, sometime lost the ball (as is normal if you run at people a lot), but generally frightened defenders and injected some directness and much-needed urgency into our play. Sorry but anyone who thinks Moura wasn't one of our best players in the 2nd half yesterday simply doesn't understand football, I don't what else to say. :/

Last edited:
Mick and Igula have essentially played out a thrilling 2-2 draw
Sadly the equivalent of a thrilling draw in a tedious and boring subject used as stick to beat people with . On this site using the racist accusation seems to be the last resort of the desperate, in a battle against a much wider level of ignorance demonstrated by posters whose sole reason for living seems to be to pillory and abuse Spurs footballers for not being perfect footballing robots.
Given that racism is now extended to not only encompass ethnic and nationalistic boundaries but social groups, technically, insulting someone for being from a different county or city is fair game for the epithet of racism.
Being half Irish by descent l should be equally outraged, but sadly I have become more outraged by the abuse piled on to Spurs players by so called supporters on a Spurs message board.
This kind of crap from the two posters being railed against comes as no surprise.

Utter nonsense, as usual about Moura. In the 2nd half he was one of our best players. (In the 1st half, everyone was terrible!). He directly set up chances for Son & Kane, as well as PEH's goal of course. And as usual, he ran at people, sometime lost the ball (as is normal if you run at people a lot), but generally frightened defenders and injected some directness and much-needed urgency into our play. Sorry but anyone who thinks Moura wasn't one of our best players in the 2nd half yesterday simply doesn't understand football, I don't what else to say. :/
You don't know Ahab, do you?

Funny how he said Winks struggled first half!
He did, as did PEH and Lucas. It was a piss poor midfield performance. Within a a piss poor team performance really. Only our CBs emerged with any credit really.

Whether it was the change of tactics that Regui referred to or the bollocking (if there was one) or both but the second half was a completely different story

The one thing that I've noticed in the new stadium is that the South stand can be really, really loud, however for those that are in it and therefore creating it it doesn't sound like it. The only way to experience the noise the South Stand can make is to be in the other 3. The acoustics push the sound away from the South Stand!
You know, this may be true.
I was at the North end and there were times when the noise engulfed us like a gloriously massive tsunami, to the extent that the people around me started singing too. heehee.

Moura was absolute shite today. He's too weak. He has to go.

He struggled a lot against Leeds’ man marking (along with everyone else) and was dispossessed many times but he created most of the big chances in the match. Kane hitting the post, Son hitting the bar and the goal from Hojbjerg were all created by him.

He will need to be taken out of the team eventually because he is not good enough for us to keep playing with only 2 midfielders and giving up control in the centre, but yesterday he was the main reason we won.

Have I missed a link to a recording of the full match? Please anyone? SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs ? Would be brilliant to see the game again, this morning.

Good to get a win, would have prefered it to be a lot simpler, but hey ho.

First half was dreadful, players looked scared. Winks and Hojbjerg didn't work, and Son and Lucas were poor, as was Royal and Reguilon.

Second half.. Completely different. I thought Winks played well, and was more adventerous with his play. Lucas, although kept giving the ball away, was involved in both goals and set up chances for Kane and Son to score. Reguilon had a much better second half, as did Royal.

Still don't think Conte knows his strongest XI, but he will soon enough.

I missed that post. Completely agree with you. Out of order.
A story from last night.
A Leeds fan, at the edge of their area, was reported for screaming 'Shut up you f****g Je***sh c**t', across the divide, during the second half. Next time I looked at his seat, it was empty, so he'd either been hoofed out or decided to disappear because he was scared. Either way, the reporting system worked. I actually think he'd been carted off, because his mates weren't best pleased. The fact that they were losing by then didn't help their mood.

It's good that there's a system in place. It shut him up.

Cheers mate - you're a star.

Back
Top Bottom