Tottenham Hotspur vs Leeds United; Sunday 21st November 2021; 16.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A semi fat Ndombele is still miles better than Winks, imv
I don't disagree, but Conte has made it clear that until Tanguy starts working for the team he isn't going to feature.
And I can't blame him really, if he lets Tanguy play over players that are putting 100% in (even if they are shit) it undermines his entire point.

It just says they can do what they like and still play.

Tanguy won't be playing in the PL again until he gets his shit together and I can see him going in January.

I don't disagree, but Conte has made it clear that until Tanguy starts working for the team he isn't going to feature.
And I can't blame him really, if he lets Tanguy play over players that are putting 100% in (even if they are shit) it undermines his entire point.

It just says they can do what they like and still play.

Tanguy won't be playing in the PL again until he gets his shit together and I can see him going in January.
Guess I'm just disappointed the cockroach has survived yet another manager

Guess I'm just disappointed the cockroach has survived yet another manager
I don't think he plays if either of Lo Celso or Skipp are available so I wouldn't worry.

If he starts picking him over Lo Celso or Skipp then I'll start to question it.

I honestly don't think he had any choice yesterday. We badly need a couple of quality players in the midfield which I think will be addressed in Jan and then chances are you won't see Winks again apart from the odd Cup game against lesser opposition.

Glad to be able to see the televised game - I'd completley missed the ref being bundled to the ground by Philips. Great fun moment.

To be fair, Leeds are an athletic, young, skilful, determined, very well-organised team. Their midfield and defence in the first half were dominant and they thoroughly deserved to win the first half. They made us work so hard (we did not deserve to be booed by our own fans). Got to watch the 2nd half now :)
Booing the players in Conte's first PL home game was stupid IMO and helped nobody.

Judging from what Regui said after and Conte said at his press conference, it looks like the talk on the tactical change was more important than the asciugacapelli bollocking he would have given the players
100%. We don't even know if there was a half time bollocking. Anyway, Asciugapelli wasn't even playing, was he?

Key member of the backroom staff...

hot-tools-black-gold-cool-touch-ionic-salon-hair-dryerhot-tools-australia-349836_250x.jpg

Winks' return is 100% due to Mason

100%
There are presumably 2 possibilities:
  1. Conte, probably one of the top 5 managers in the world, a pretty arrogant guy who clearly knows is own mind, is doing what Mason tells him to do.
  2. Conte is doubtful about N'Dombele's fitness, attitude, likelihood of doing what he is told to do on the pitch, meanwhile he was impressed with those same attributes in Winks during training etc, so chose Winks to play yesterday (several others being unavailable).
Are you seriously saying that you think 1 above is more likely than 2?
Do you really think anyone on here will give you any credibility on any football opinion you care to give in the future if you honestly say '1'?

Last edited:
I didn't like the booing either but that said, as half time approached I just knew it was coming and I understand it. It's not like that first half performance was a one off, just a continuation of years of shite that got Nuno and Jose sacked. And if it helps remind Levy that while the fans are happy with the new coach there's still some way to go then that's fine.

I sit in the cheap seats in the Paxton, and my ST probably still costs more than Man City's most expensive. Given how much we pay it's fine by me that the fans communicate that we're not getting value for money.

I don't give a shit what other fans think, I do worry what Conte was thinking about our fan base.
I think he got an amazing reception from the fans before kick off so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm sure he realised how frustrated the fans were when he took the job, a lot of these players have been playing well beneath their level for some time now, getting managers sacked and walking between the rain drops. It was going to come to a head at some point.

Onwards and upwards though, they showed a bit of character and battled back second half. Who knows could be the start of something good.

We broke the record for most consecutive halfs of football without recording a shot on target at HT, so I think it was justified. It was clear to me at least that the booing was for the players not Conte.

Of course it was, only a moron would think it was booing Conte.

Over 4 hours without a shot on target and another half where the players looked disinterested yet again. I was surprised our boos were louder to be fair. Conte would have used them to motivate the players too. He did say afterwards that he agreed with us.

Back
Top Bottom