Europa Conference - Mura (A) 25th November 17:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A reminder of mighty Mura’s home stadium…

Mura_v_Domzale_2012.jpg

We play Thursday…

Year in year out its the same with these players. None of them want to be playing in anything other then Champions league. But aren't good enough to play in the champions league and so we shit the bed in every competition we're in. I literally don't understand the mind set of these players. Every other team we face are ALWAYS up to what ever competion since its european football. Spurs should be excited to be playing this and trying to win the trophy. Its Europa league guaranteed and a trophy. These players are just an embarrassing and need to show some heart for the badge. Fuck them all
I agree, where the hell is the heart. We have had players like Mackay, Perryman, Roberts and those perhaps of slightly lesser standing but equally big of heart from more recent times like Freund and Dawson who must be shaking their heads at these spoilt overpaid gutless sacks of shit wearing our great colours. They should refund those supporters who travelled all that way today to witness that. They should hang their heads in shame

Just a question I’ve not heard and it’s this. Who in the blue fuck are (a) going to actually pay a transfer fee for these fuckheads and (b) match the wages we are paying them.?
By their attitude of clearly not giving a fuck to perform they will not leave the club easily.
Can’t see levy and co taking a huge loss on them either so we are fucked both ways.🤦‍♂️

Ratings tonight (No one was good btw)

Gollini - 3/10 Looked frozen for both goals
Doherty - 1/10 Atrocious
Tanganga - 4/10 did ok nothing special
Rodon - 6/10 best defender on the night but distribution poor
Sanchez - 0/10 at fault for both goals and it was the same mistake for both goals.
Sessegnon - 0/10 Did nothing apart from pick up 2 poor yellow cards.
Skipp - 2/10 Was not good tonight. looked all over the place and passing was poor
Ndombele - 3/10 Tried to make things going forward but technique was poor most of the night.
Gil - 5/10 Never stopped running and pressing. looked bright tbf.
Dele - 1/10 Passenger
Kane - 4/10 Apart from his goal and some good crosses he was very poor. His touch was not up to standard today.

Not even going to rate the subs because none of them really did anything.

Doherty - 1/10 Atrocious
Sanchez - 0/10 at fault for both goals and it was the same mistake for both goals.
Skipp - 2/10 Was not good tonight. looked all over the place and passing was poor
Ndombele - 3/10 Tried to make things going forward but technique was poor most of the night.
Dele - 1/10 Passenger
Kane - 4/10 Apart from his goal and some good crosses he was very poor. His touch was not up to standard today.

Dier did well.

I know, I know.

But he was ok tonight,

Yeah but Alli is English and "has potential".......easily 25m.

No mid-table club can afford 25m + 100kpw for a sketchy midfielder that serves no obvious function.

1 or 2 will no doubt shout out "Newcastle", but you honestly think Eddie Howe has time for enigmatic maybes when he's in a relegation dog fight.

Everton? Aside from their FFP troubles; look at who their gaffa is... Mr Pragmatism.

Liverpool managed to sell solanke to Bournemouth for 19m, so there is hope

Hope for one freaky bit of luck maybe, but some of these fuckers are killing our wage bill and need to get gone regardless.... At the very least this squad needs some reliable, weekly 7/10 players... A lot of these fuckers can't even boast that.

I agree, where the hell is the heart. We have had players like Mackay, Perryman, Roberts and those perhaps of slightly lesser standing but equally big of heart from more recent times like Freund and Dawson who must be shaking their heads at these spoilt overpaid gutless sacks of shit wearing our great colours. They should refund those supporters who travelled all that way today to witness that. They should hang their heads in shame
I'd imagine none of the current squad even went over to the traveling fans to apologize for that shower of shit tonight. Overpaid pricks

I think it's more that he has a reputation for being a top, top manager with top resources available to him; so he's reassuring fans/media that he's not having second thoughts, but will need to be given time to overhaul the squad.

Both managing expectations of the fans/media and sending a chilling signal to some of our shithouse players, who think they should be allowed to stay here and clog away week after week.
I prefer your optimistic interpretation. That could be true and a good way of looking at it. It's a threat to kick people up the arse.

Still, this being Spurs, the arses may get kicked, but f all happens...

Doherty - 1/10 Atrocious
Dele - 1/10 Passenger

''Second goal''. Holy fuck, I left the pub at 90 mins, thought it was a draw... OMFG what a cringe of a performance.

Doherty - 1/10 Atrocious
Dele - 1/10 Passenger

Kane was alright... probably the best player. He wasn't anonymous tonight and scored a sublime goal. Not his best ever night, but out of everyone, probably played the best, I thought... Silly defence let us down... with a little less silliness, we probably would have just about snuck a win...

Just a question I’ve not heard and it’s this. Who in the blue fuck are (a) going to actually pay a transfer fee for these fuckheads and (b) match the wages we are paying them.?
By their attitude of clearly not giving a fuck to perform they will not leave the club easily.
Can’t see levy and co taking a huge loss on them either so we are fucked both ways.🤦‍♂️
Newcastle?
Pray World Series GIF by MLB

Spot on. They will have to be paid off to leave. Newcastle might take a look at our British players but that’s it

Back
Top Bottom