Europa Conference - Mura (A) 25th November 17:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
This should be a game we can use bit part players, and not rely on the big guns, although I would have them in the squad. A chance for Ndombele, Bergwijn, Dele to get some minutes. Skipp should be fresh after missing Sunday.

Gollini
Tanganga - Sanchez - Rodon
Doherty - Skipp - Ndombele - Sessengon
Bergwijn - Dele - Gil

Last edited:
there will be some rotation, but I don't think all eleven players!
IMHO some of them should play, like Dier, Kane, PEH to mantain identity
my line up:
Gollini
Tanganga Dier Rodon
Doherty Skipp PEH Sessegnon
Gil Kane Bergwijn

Conte said he's going to rotate players for the game. Give others a chance. This is what I'd do to give others a chance/some a rest.

Strong bench needed as that's the mistake Nuno made. Saying that this team should be good enough to get the job done.

Gollini
Sanchez Dier Rodon
Doherty Skipp Ndombele Sessegnon
Gil Kane Bergwijn

Bench : Lloris , Tanganga , Davies , Reguilon , Emerson , Winks , Hojbjerg , Lo Celso(if fit) , Dele , Lucas , Son , Markanday/Scarlett

I've got my third covid vaccine on Thursday, the second jab made me feel shit so I assume the third one will too. It's up to Conte and the lads to perk me up while I lie on the couch with a sore arm and feel sorry for myself.

DON'T LET ME DOWN.

Another game, another chance to see the work Conte is doing with the players on the training pitch.

Would really like to see the likes of Gil, Sessegnon, Bergwijn, and Rodon given some game time.

Conte has said the players are not fit enough - so this week may be used in part to get some of the players more fit, which also ties in with hints on rotation and giving other players their chances to show what they can do. Be good to see how long Sessegnon lasts when we start him.

I assume Romero and Lo Celso are still out injured.

Gollini
Tanganga, Sanchez, Rodon
Doherty, Skipp, Ndombele, Sessegnon
Gil, Kane, Bergwijn​

Subs : 9 rom these 10 players Lloris , Davies , Reguilon , Dier, Emerson , Winks , Hojbjerg , White , Dele , Lucas , Son , Markanday, Scarlett

Currently 4 defenders (in Bold) in that list of potential subs, I might be tempted to drop one to accommodate 4 forwards to include both Scarlett and Markanday.

Another game, another chance to see the work Conte is doing with the players on the training pitch.

Would really like to see the likes of Gil, Sessegnon, Bergwijn, and Rodon given some game time.
I thought Bergwijn and Doherty looked really pissed off at FT yesterday. Both barely acknowledged Conte when he was celebrating with everyone. If their attitudes are bad, they’re toast.

You’d think we should see some good performances from those trying to impress the new manager, but it never seems like those given a chance impress in these European games.

Hoping to see strong performances from Sess, Ndombele, Bergwijn, Rodon, and Gil in particular.

PGDPTS
RENNES4310
SPURS447
VITESSE416
MURA4-80

It's ridiculous we only have 7 points but that means IMO he will start at least 6 regulars.
Hopefully Ryan and Bryan get starts.
A decent win more or less guarantees us going through unless Rennes lose and we could experiment in the Rennes home game.

PGDPTS
RENNES4310
SPURS447
VITESSE416
MURA4-80

It's ridiculous we only have 7 points but that means IMO he will start at least 6 regulars.
Hopefully Ryan and Bryan get starts.
A decent win more or less guarantees us going through unless Rennes lose and we could experiment in the Rennes home game.

Its imperative we win - and that probably means winning well, to ensure we have a good chance kf topping the group which would probably require us to beat Rennes.

Finishing 2nd in the group means we go into a play off round in February and not sure we want the extra 2 games. So winning last 2 games is probably the inly way to ensure we avoid the banana skin of finishing 2nd.

Good news is I think we can use 5 subs, so fully expecting Conte to bring on players off the bench if we need them

Conte said he's going to rotate players for the game. Give others a chance. This is what I'd do to give others a chance/some a rest.

Strong bench needed as that's the mistake Nuno made. Saying that this team should be good enough to get the job done.

Gollini
Sanchez Dier Rodon
Doherty Skipp Ndombele Sessegnon
Gil Kane Bergwijn

Bench : Lloris , Tanganga , Davies , Reguilon , Emerson , Winks , Hojbjerg , Lo Celso(if fit) , Dele , Lucas , Son , Markanday/Scarlett
Same lineup I expect and hope for. Would be nice to get Kane going with goals, give Sess and Bergwijn minutes and rotate the rest.

We need to win the group to avoid two games in feb.

that's priceless to us, rest in that period is everything.

the problem is that Rennes are actually quite a good side. We need to win both games remaining imo.

Back
Top Bottom