Europa Conference - Mura (A) 25th November 17:45KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte said a few interesting things post match. That he will rotate. That he thought Winks played well in the 2nd half. And that this game is important. So based on that, I think this might be the team:

Gollini
Tanganga Sanchez Davies
Doherty* Skipp Winks Sessegnon*
Dele* Kane Bergwijn
Lucas, Son and Hojbjerg could come off the bench, perhaps Rodon for Davies if the game is comfortable.

Mura are shite, so if things aren't going well, Lucas and Son off the bench and into the front 3 would be enough to get the game won I think.

*basing the selection of these players on Conte bringing them off the bench in previous games.

Last edited:
It's imperative we win.
Finishing 2nd in the group means we go into a play off round in February and not sure we want the extra 2 games.
Thanks for that post. If we finish second these are possible fixtures.

Sat12/02/2022WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERSH
Thu17/02/2022ECL play off 1
Sun20/02/2022MANCHESTER CITYA
Thu24/02/2022ECL play off 2
Sat26/02/2022LEEDS UNITEDA
Sun27/02/2022Carabao Final

OK, I'm not saying we make the final but we can do without the additional ECL fixtures.

Last edited:
1C5zy4o.jpg

Lloris, Doherty, Royal, Reguillon, Dier, Skipp, Winks, Lo Celso, Lucas, Gil, Dele, Kane

This should be a game we can use bit part players, and not rely on the big guns, although I would have them in the squad. A chance for Ndombele, Bergwijn, Dele to get some minutes. Skipp should be fresh after missing Sunday.

Gollini
Tanganga - Sanchez - Rodon
Doherty - Skipp - Ndombele - Sessengon
Bergwijn - Dele - Gil

Spot on mate. Really intrigued to see how the second team does under Conte and the likes of Doherty, Sess, Berg and Dele.

Mura are terrible we should play a very rotated squad and win easily:

Gollini
Tanganga-Rodon-Dier
Doherty-Ndombele-GLC-Gil-Sess
Scarlett-Bergwijn​

If GLC is not healthy put in Harvey White

I would put Skipp on the in the 2nd half to get him some game time probably switched with Ndombele or GLC.

Edit:

I guess playing with 12 players might cause some issues.

Last edited:
Mura are terrible we should play a very rotated squad and win easily:

Gollini
Tanganga-Rodon-Dier
Doherty-Alli-Ndombele-GLC-Sess
Gil-Scarlett-Bergwijn​

If GLC is not healthy put in Harvey White

I would put Skipp on the in the 2nd half to get him some game time probably switched with Ndombele or GLC.
We might not get away with playing 12.

Markanday played 90 mins for the u23's away at Leicester tonight (winning 4-1), whilst White played 87 minutes, so neither likely to start but both could be on bench on Thursday

Scarlett not in u23 squad tonight so could play v Mura - but having said that I didn't see him in the training pictures during international break so he might not be fit

This should be a game we can use bit part players, and not rely on the big guns, although I would have them in the squad. A chance for Ndombele, Bergwijn, Dele to get some minutes. Skipp should be fresh after missing Sunday.

Gollini
Tanganga - Sanchez - Rodon
Doherty - Skipp - Ndombele - Sessengon
Bergwijn - Dele - Gil

Winks should be fresh also after missing Sunday

:contethumb:

Markanday played 90 mins for the u23's away at Leicester tonight (winning 4-1), whilst White played 87 minutes, so neither likely to start but both could be on bench on Thursday

Scarlett not in u23 squad tonight so could play v Mura - but having said that I didn't see him in the training pictures during international break so he might not be fit
I feel White is at the crossroads.
Great performance this evening for the U23s (2 goals).
He can't go on being a "prospect."

I feel White is at the crossroads.
Great performance this evening for the U23s (2 goals).
He can't go on being a "prospect."

Big mistake to keep him at Spurs this season to date without playing him - although he's been on bench in about 4 or 5 European games and 3 Papa Johns games for u23's v League 1 and League 2 teams

Would have been far better to put him out on loan to gain experience playing mens football.

Big mistake to keep him at Spurs this season to date without playing him - although he's been on bench in about 4 or 5 European games

Would have been far better to put him out on loan to gain experience playing mens football.
It's kinda ironic that Nuno selected so many academy players but really did not help any of them.
Well, Scarlett must have gained from the experience alone I guess.

Back
Top Bottom