Norwich (H) 5/12 - 1400KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Today gave me a bit more hope for Sess …. He looks suited in that role and I’d say he just about won that battle with Aarons and rotating with Reggie gives us good energy down that left side

Skipp was outstanding today …. I’ve called him a star from the outset when he was grabbing minutes age 16/17

Genuine home grown talent

You love to see it

Today gave me a bit more hope for Sess …. He looks suited in that role and I’d say he just about won that battle with Aarons and rotating with Reggie gives us good energy down that left side

Skipp was outstanding today …. I’ve called him a star from the outset when he was grabbing minutes age 16/17

Genuine home grown talent

You love to see it
Agree on both. Sess will start the next few games, whether Reg has a thigh or hammy strain, both are big muscles and will take three weeks even with a mild strain

Nice to have an attacking football team again, we are showing great signs under Conte, long may it continue.
Didn’t think the time would come when I’d say our biggest problem right now is Harry … Kane not winks

He’s so far off the pace currently that he was hurting the team performance

He’ll come good no doubt but I believe we would be better off with the front 3 that started the season

Even with nuno in charge no team enjoyed playing against that pace and movement….with Harry in the middle it’s a totally different dynamic and it’s unproductive and no coincidence we’ve scored so few

When we improve our CBs, I agree. But when we have Sanchez -Dier - Davies in a back three, they need help.

Even then, we can't afford this fabled new MF that everybody wants to be a soft-touch, luxury player..... Both CMs need to graft their arses off in a 2 man MF.

...Ndombele is not in the team for good reason.

10 point from 12 job done in Conte's first month. Now the real tests begin.

Next three PL games:
Brighton away
Leicester away
Liverpool home

6 would be great. 4 is probably realistic.

Can we finally show up against Liverpool?

Could have been 5 or 6 each. As long as we keep winning that’s all that matters whilst conte assesses the squad he has.
Beat the lower half teams & struggle against the top half seems to be where we are at.
Pleased for Lucas, he always gives 💯. What a screamer. Skipp doing better than I thought he would do so far this season. Brighton next in the league so that’s a big game as then we have Leicester & Liverpool which will be tough.

Great Win. We'd probably have cried had Nuno still been around. Players all have alot.

Realistically though, we still need at least 2 defenders (Over and above injured ones), 1 great CDM, 1 Great AM. 1 Great Striker. Great because they need to be world class.

Not one of our defenders are World Class. Not one of our Midfielders are World Class.

In fact the only 2 players could potentially World Class, i.e. Son and Kane (Debatable on current form).

We need upgrades in order to be a Top Six team. Average doesn't bring any trophies
The whole "world class" thing is crap. Firstly, if the expression is to mean anything at all, you have to be one of the top 3 in the world in that position, i.e. you make the squad for a hypothetical Earth vs Mars game.

Secondly, and more to the point, great teams generally don't have more than 3, maybe 4 players who would make that squad. Go back and look at the classic teams, you'll always find five or six very decent players who aren't "world beaters".

To give one example I mentioned earlier, 1990s Barcelona. I'm looking at a webpage which gives their best eleven from the decade. You could argue about some of the choices (no Beguiristain or Goicoetxea?) but even so.. Look at the players who wouldn't be on that interstellar tour with the World XI....

Zubizarreta (maybe), Ferrer, Popescu, Frank De Boer (maybe)... This is the best team of a decade, they never played together. Look at the early 90s, when they were in thir pomp - Bakero, Amor, Sergi, and others wouldn't have made that inter-planetary rocket. All outstanding players, much loved in Can Barça.

We will be lucky to have two such players, we shoudn't fixate on more. Players from the"very good internationals" will do fine

Nice to be sweating about keeping a clean sheet for a change...
I had Lloris in my fantasy team.

ryan-gosling-water.gif

Back
Top Bottom