Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well we know Rodgers would would kick up a fuss at the press conference, Conte would probably be having horses heads put in the beds of the Premier League bosses...
It’s a strange situation. At this point we have to play it. But if we lose it we will feel it wasn’t fair and rather have a game in hand.
Surely no one can complain about the most scrappy win tomorrow no matter how we perform on the pitch.
Let’s be lucky and nick it somehow.

Ok so this is just very silly on the part of the League. We could be risking the long term health of people here very very wrong.

Why is it the leagues fault if WE risk players?

Agree it’s crap, but if we field players of iffy biochemistry that’s entirely our choice to make.

Let kids have a go? On the bench, if we have a workable fully fit first 11 from the seniors, if not play kids, as you say, risk a humans long term health for one football match (or two)…

Let those with any symptoms, even recovered, rest.

Both managers should turn up and say all players are injured or have Covid then just stand there with the ball in the centre circle.

We'd somehow lose 1-0 though, probably with the ball blowing into our goal.
Conte's halftime teamtalk:

Don't worry lads, this half we are kicking with the wind. But uphill. There's more grass on the wings so use the wingbacks.

Also we've only got 9 players and had to borrow some spare GK gloves from the other team. Just make sure you use the hand sanitiser after you take them.

Oh I do miss Sunday league football.

Don't worry lads, this half we are kicking with the wind. But uphill. There's more grass on the wings so use the wingbacks.

Also we've only got 9 players and had to borrow some spare GK gloves from the other team. Just make sure you use the hand sanitiser after you take them.

Cracking days and classic banter sunday league days. Was chatting to an opposing player one game and he said he just come back from a lengthy suspension after chasing the ref with a corner flag😊

Cracking days and classic banter sunday league days. Was chatting to an opposing player one game and he said he just come back from a lengthy suspension after chasing the ref with a corner flag😊
I remember we fielded a player who was sent off the week before.

He played the next game under a pseudonym, everyone was calling by. He got booked but forgot the pseudonym and gave his real name. Officials realised what happened and they said don't worry about it as we only had 7 players so him playing was the only way we could get a game on 😂

Ah the heady days of pub league football come flooding back. Always remember a lad who was a terrific player at that level (not me obvs) who would run the other teams ragged if we could only keep him away from Guinness on a Saturday night/Sunday morning lock in.

One weekend he got sent off for threatening the ref who disallowed all 3 of his goals.

Next game he played with same ref in charge, he wasn’t quite so “electric” in his performance.

He’d had a skinful of Guinness and was still very much the worse for wear. Streams of dark brown puke on the touch line with that distinctive, regurgitated stout whiff dancing on the breeze.

Ref ended up with some all over his shins and boots as he went over to check on his well-being.

So many funny memories from those crazy Sunday mornings.

Leicester wanting to delay the game probably has more to do with their form and lack of centre backs rather than Covid.

We have a 23 man squad, and will likely be without 4 or 5 players - not a big deal and no reason to cancel.

How we expect Tottenham to lineup against Leicester:

Kane

https://www.reddit.com/r/coys/comments/rh4rpl/dan_kp_how_we_expect_tottenham_to_lineup_against/
I'd expect Kane to drop back into the number 10 position to allow Dele to make runs into the box.

Both Tanganga and Sanchez are naturally right sided. Its a toss up as to who will play on the left, and they are bound to have at least 1 fuck up. Reggie will need to be mindful to help them - and as such I expect we will focus our attacks down the right; with Doherty/Bergjiwn feeding balls to Dele and Kane.

We will likely play much of the game in a defensive controlled pattern, with Dele playing box to box; helping out Ndombele and Winks.

SPURS 3 - 0 LEICESTER
Dele 14, 45, 70

Leicester wanting to delay the game probably has more to do with their form and lack of centre backs rather than Covid.

We have a 23 man squad, and will likely be without 4 or 5 players - not a big deal and no reason to cancel.

How we expect Tottenham to lineup against Leicester:

Kane

I'd expect Kane to drop back into the number 10 position to allow Dele to make runs into the box.

Both Tanganga and Sanchez are naturally right sided. Its a toss up as to who will play on the left, and they are bound to have at least 1 fuck up. Reggie will need to be mindful to help them - and as such I expect we will focus our attacks down the right; with Doherty/Bergjiwn feeding balls to Dele and Kane.

We will likely play much of the game in a defensive controlled pattern, with Dele playing box to box; helping out Ndombele and Winks.

SPURS 3 - 0 LEICESTER
Dele 14, 45, 70

Haha- our old pitch must have had about a 5-6 degree slope. The trick was to play downhill in the first half, play easy route one with an aggressive press (didn’t call it that, then - it was ‘chase the ball’, ‘run, run’) and then hang around on the flat bit down the bottom of the hill and defends second half when the oppo were exhausted.

Unfortunately, I played CB and spent all the first half running back up a hill…

We all know that Leicester will be fuelled by a siege mentality now, but 4 points away from the top four with three games in hand seems ominous.

Back
Top Bottom