Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think at this stage the logical thing to do is forfeit the EL game. It’ll free up the nights for these catch up games.
Forced to agree, there is no way our squad can cope with European demands plus catch up on all these games which could easily end up being 5-7 games in our backlog.

If I was the club I would just go to UEFA and say we would love to try and continue in this competition but we simply can't please award the spot to Vitesse.

Why was that mate?

From the 20th March that season we played 18 league games and 5 Cup games.

Shades of 1981-1982 when we played eight league games between May 1st and 17th (1st, 3, 5, 8th 10th 12, 15 & 17th).

Here we go again.
What a season, FA Cup winners, League Cup runners up, literally kicked out of the European Cup Winners semi-finals by Barcelona and we still managed to finish 4th in the league. But I think it all became to much for us towards the end.

From the 20th March that season we played 18 league games and 5 Cup games.

Just wondered why the fixture pile up.... Were there cancelled games or was it just a result of a shit load of cup games and replays?

Mate we have lives to lead, we can't wrap the world in cotton wool, before you know it you'll be dead and gone anyway.

There is always risk associated with everything,

I'm not saying throw caution to the wind I'm saying get a proper risk assessment done and figure out how many people this thing is going to kill and if that number is low get on with our lives.
You wouldn’t be saying that if you were one of the ones it could kill

Well, keep them/you at home and let the rest continue?
If at risk people are taking it seriously, they wouldn't be happy with their kids/relatives etc going out mixing and then popping in so would stop it. Then the family members that need to shield would fall in line.

The only real plus is that our 13-16 players who'd had COVID will have an extra few days to recover...
as it stands, we were at the bare bones tonight and might well have lost anyway...

The minus side, is that Leicester (and Brighton last Sunday) were there for the taking...
No doubt it'll only be rearranged once they find their form again!!

Ah come on though, Liverpool haven’t had any issues to date and if a good chunk of our squad got it so are much less likely to get it again.

In the same way we could all be hit by a bus tomo So why plan for a game on Sunday. We can’t think like this is an inevitable as you say.

I take the bus example Is facetious but you know what I mean.
Well so far this midweek we've had 30% of games off. Two of those called off on the day. Lots in the lower leagues as well.

Personally I'd like to know before I wake up on Sunday morning if I need to travel to the game, which at the moment certainly isn't possible to say.

The only real plus is that our 13-16 players who'd had COVID will have an extra few days to recover...
as it stands, we were at the bare bones tonight and might well have lost anyway...

The minus side, is that Leicester (and Brighton last Sunday) were there for the taking...
No doubt it'll only be rearranged once they find their form again!!
Should just have a covid party at this stage. Get it out of the way now.

Please spare me the moralising, I've been shielding people at risk from this since it began.

So far Omicron which is what we are talking about here has got 1 recorded death in the UK.
Now that number may rise but at the moment we are living in fear of it rising.

Life has to return to normal at some point

You take risks every time you leave your house

Also you can find plenty of elderly people who would be in the at risk bracket who just want to enjoy the last few years they have rather than living it in constant fear and lockdown.

I didn't want to get into this on the football part of the forum but posts like yours really get under my skin, we all care but we can't end death. Life has to move on at some point and will.

Back
Top Bottom