January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

conte has to decide between 352 and 343
we now have an hybrid, with to many midfielders for the 343 and to many offensive players for the 352
the only necessary spot to fill is the number 9 (kane's reserve)

conte has to decide between 352 and 343
we now have an hybrid, with to many midfielders for the 343 and to many offensive players for the 352
the only necessary spot to fill is the number 9 (kane's reserve)
The necessary spot is not a specific position, it’s footballer / playmaker, ideally two or three…. Pau Torres at CB, a central midfielder (could be a DM who can play like Rodri or an attacking baller) and at right wing back

We don’t have enough players comfortable on the ball to control games. Players of the calibre of peak Vertongen, Dembele (or Carrick) and Erikksen transform us into title challengers imo

I am not sure about better striker, younger yes but if all we do is swap Kane Vlahovic we will still have the same problems we do now.

Even if we sold Kane I am not sure Levy would spend to get Vlahovic unless he thought he was getting a deal and it’s doubtful Fiorentina are selling him on the cheap.
Career wise, Kane is way ahead. But as at today, he looks a shadow of himself, whilst Vlahavic is on the rise. And has 5+ years at that level ahead of him.

Do you think Fergie would have kept flogging a dead horse? IMO, his best trait as United manager, was getting players out before they went down the pan. He showed no mercy and didn't care about star status.

Career wise, Kane is way ahead. But as at today, he looks a shadow of himself, whilst Vlahavic is on the rise. And has 5+ years at that level ahead of him.

Do you think Fergie would have kept flogging a dead horse? IMO, his best trait as United manager, was getting players out before they went down the pan. He showed no mercy and didn't care about star status.
He was even more brutal, I think he moved players on from tint to time to shock the other players and keep them on their toes and looking over their shoulders

The necessary spot is not a specific position, it’s footballer / playmaker, ideally two or three…. Pau Torres at CB, a central midfielder (could be a DM who can play like Rodri or an attacking baller) and at right wing back

We don’t have enough players comfortable on the ball to control games. Players of the calibre of peak Vertongen, Dembele (or Carrick) and Erikksen transform us into title challengers imo
yours is an "improvement speech", I agree with you.
mine is a numerical speech: we don't have kane reserve ATM, that's the only role uncover

Conte knows what he’s doing.

Now get lost.

Bin vote cast for being a gooner
Dance Swipe Up GIF by Warner Music Spain

Weston McKennie now flavour of the week - obvious Juve connection and whilst he may not be the most technically gifted player he is very much a Conte style hard working player. He can play DM/AM or cover a host of other positions, he plays primarily as the 'mezzala' for Juve sort of attacking midfielder who also presses very hard ... only 23 and probably not quite EPL ready, but certainly a good prospect ... and he's an American so our marketing boys will love him.

Id love Adama as an option at rwb. When we need a goal or expect to be on top, he will be a real weapon, when we are looking to be more solid we play Emerson. The amount of one on ones out wide this system sets up is perfect for him.

He is also quite possibly the spursiest non spurs player i can think of. He belongs here
As far as I know, Adama Traore has never played in defense in his senior career. I am not saying he can't play as a RWB but being a RWB is much more than just attacking - one still must be able to defend. It will be quite a gamble....even though he's fast and strong, so I understand why some people dream of him as Spurs' RWB...

I think too many people look for stats to prove a players worth. Whilst Traore may not have much in the way of goals and assists, what he does do is help his team play in the opposition half.
There's not a stat for that. He just drives the ball up the pitch allowing his team mates to get up there and continue the move in the last 3rd.

Having sat through the WH game the other night watching the ball keep coming back at us, I don't think having a player who can drive the ball back without passing it would help us.

Back
Top Bottom