Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That doesn't mean we are defensive, the full back were playing pretty much like wingers second half, nothing to do with tactics here. We scored 2 goals and Forster made 10 saves, the plan was good, our attackers let us down a bit and the referree disalowed 2 legal goals.
None of those saves were of a top quality though. Nothing shots you'd expect any keeper to make. You can have a back 4 and wide players and still have wingers it means you have more productive players putting balls in instead of the likes of sanchez and emerson. Conte got it completely wrong today and the moment I saw the starting line up my confidence of a win drained.

I swear some people on here are only happy when we are shit so they can wallow in it.

200.gif

Will take a point all day long. First half performance wasn't great but we managed to get ourselves back into the game. We've had some rotten luck in that 2nd half with decisions, but considering that's our first away league game for ages I'm not gonna moan. Clearly we're limited with options which need addressing in January. Southampton have only lost 1 game at home all season so it was never gonna be a walk in the park.

He was far more involved in the game and added more to our attack than some others. Yes, his attempts were disappointing but I don’t think he was anywhere near our weakest player.
Probably our most effective player towards the end. Lucas should have scored from his ball.

I dont like Conte's obsession with having 3 centrebacks on even when we are 11 vs 10 and need a goal badly. Its not lke Dier or Davies or Sanchez are going to suddenly turn into great attackers just because he has given them a licence to go forward.

Will take a point all day long. First half performance wasn't great but we managed to get ourselves back into the game. We've had some rotten luck in that 2nd half with decisions, but considering that's our first away league game for ages I'm not gonna moan. Clearly we're limited with options which need addressing in January. Southampton have only lost 1 game at home all season so it was never gonna be a walk in the park.
How on earth would you take a point all day long?

You can really tell who the real fans are after a game like this, we tried everything to score second half, had two perfectly good goals ruled out and some of you couldn't wait to wade into the team and individual players, Even Conte.

I swear some people on here are only happy when we are shit so they can wallow in it.

The improvement since Conte took charge has been incredible and we will get some reinforcements in the January window.

It's not like everyone has been battering Saints they've lost one game at home all season. Get a fucking grip

Sometimes you also just need to credit the opposition too. Southampton dug in and fully deserved the point on effort alone, even if they were fortunate with our disallowed goal. Dissapointing today, and extremely frustrating, but far from a disaster.

Of course it's corrupt! Two goals disallowed that should have stood. The refs did everything in their powers to prevent us from winning in the second half!
But you got to ask some questions to Conte today. Did we have to play a 5-man-defence in the second half? Why didn't he change wings for Doherty and Gil?
This.

Top post.

Conte has to accept responsibility for some of the tactics in that second half. You earn your beans as a manager in games like this.

We've beaten relegation fodder at home but this is a rude awakening to anyone who thinks it's going to be hunky dory under Conte.

Watford game will be just as hard.

Away form needs to turn right fucking now. Otherwise you can kiss top 4 goodbye.

This is a jinx right here. You might as well say his name 3 times in the mirror. He'll be finishing out his contract with us now. I'm now looking forward to him contract cancellation in January of his final year. Thanks a lot Arty!
But I didn't say how many days...it could be 700...

I dont like Conte's obsession with having 3 centrebacks on even when we are 11 vs 10 and need a goal badly. Its not lke Dier or Davies or Sanchez are going to suddenly turn into great attackers just because he has given them a licence to go forward.
Switching Sanchez and dier might have been a good option… Dier is a great crosser and better with the ball.

Back
Top Bottom