Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looked leggy we did and understandable playing 48 hours ago. 2 points dropped though. Still have doubts hoijberg is good enough for us. Time to stop spending on infrastructure now levy and invest in squad. Traore is a no brainer. Need to speed things up. Kessie will happen i reckon.

It’s incredible they don’t at least let the ref look at this on the monitor.
keepers are always going to be protected in that situation. hes got a man jumping into him and wedging the ball in between them, the balls always going to pop out of his arms. we would be fuming if that happened to lloris and got given.

Southampton had 10 men and we continued to play with a back 5 and holding midfielders. Sure his system is proven to work but you need some kind of tactical flexibility for different scenarios. There was creativity on the bench but we brought on Doherty.
Totally agree! Ok some posters might give people with this view pellets. However Conte is not above criticism. Ok we don’t have the best players but then don’t compound it by playing square pegs on round holes eg Doh at LWB who is crap at ten. Then bring on Gil at ten who may be did one or two things but generally lost the ball.
Why oh why do we need to keep playing 5 at the back when we have shite WBs? Especially v 10 men. We need to get round the back so play back 4 with wide players in front for over lap. I though Lucas and Kane basically disappeared in last 20
Mins. Offered nothing. Conte has got to be more flexible. Also does he think the 2 in CM done anything in the whole 90 mins to keep both on? Winks was ok but PEH should have been subbed with tanguy. Like I said the Doh sun was a complete waste. Just go to back 4 with davies out left and royal on right. Bring extra man in CM. The subs today should have been dele > Lucas, Reg > skipp and PEH > tanguy. Play 4 3 3.
Such a disappointment. We now have to beat Watford after spam
Beat them 4-1. No more bloody excuses from posters about this that and the other. Ffs let’s take a game by the scruff of the next , impose ourselves and go for it. Too many games we are just so slow, no real
Press and we twaddle about with the ball. Strange soton go down to 10 men it still keep shape and basically keep us at arms length. Whereas we can’t do the same with 11. Basically the first half where they completely out played us and played in our half.
I thought conte would instill some fire in our team so they go out on the front foot? To much sitting back hoping for a counter. Tbh this is not different from Jose’s initial start.

Harry Winks nailing it in his interview. " Not good enough and feels like a defeat."

For those complaining about melts and putting some positive spin on a pathetic result, shut the fuck up and listen to our own players!

Last edited:
"On marginal offside, we've now effectively re-introduced the benefit of the doubt to the attacking player," Premier League referees' chief Mike Riley said. "So it's the toenails, the noses of the players who are offside; they might have been offside last season but next season they won't be."

This was before the season. Would love to hear them explain how Kane wasn't deserving of the benefit of the doubt in this particular situation. They've clearly fucked it up, royally.

How on earth would you take a point all day long?
Southampton have lost 1 game at home all season, they are off the back of an away win against West Ham. We hardly pulled up trees in that first half and were fortunate to get back into the game when we did. You can hardly fault the players for their effort in the 2nd half, we had some poor reffing decisions go against us. It was our first away game for god knows how long so yes I will take a point. Can't win them all. Watford should be a win on New Years Day though.

Did you miss it?
Did it count? If I were sammyspurs sammyspurs or KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy I might flip it around and say "so we counting Kane goals that are chalked off now" but I'm not gonna do that. I will however point you to thinktank thinktank 's point about the very real circumstances/consequences we suffer as a result of having a player that doesn't get around the park. For it to balance those 'potential goals' have to actually count otherwise it's a net negative.
He also in general had a good game,
Did he? consdiering that backline is rubbish and they were down to 10 mean? Extrapolated over 38 games was that performance worth 100M? This is the context and not the happy clappy only say positive things world that exists on the other side of this debate.

I'm not just saying this because it's us today, but they really need to change the VAR rules for offside. To me, if they draw a line and it's not clearly offside, then you should give it to the attacker. The spirit of the offside law is to stop goal-hanging, not rule out goals because someone's shoulder might be an inch ahead of the defender when the ball is played. Today's goal was class, and there have been many others by all different sides that get ruled out for this bollocks.

Meanwhile, far more debatable penalties don't get given and they go with the refs call. These cunt officials just make it up as they go along.
I agree VAR is and has always been fucking terrible and manned by cunts. It needs changing but it will fall on deaf ears. The PL and the FA don't give a fuck unless it puts money in their pocket and the same on a global level for FIFA and UEFA. None of them care about the game. Mention the super league again though and then you see them pipe up quickly when someone mentions taking the big clubs and money out of their pocket. Corrupt wankers and filth they all are

FHtcEGaXIAsdDVW

Foster wasn't fouled too....

Bent as fuck.

Back
Top Bottom