Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

keepers are always going to be protected in that situation. hes got a man jumping into him and wedging the ball in between them, the balls always going to pop out of his arms. we would be fuming if that happened to lloris and got given.
I’m a keeper and generally think keepers get clattered sometimes without a call.

However, Foster caught that all wrong. He catches it underhand which means he has to catch it lower and you risk another player knocking it out. Terrible fundamentals and he was saved by a referee guessing and a corrupt VAR.

Calm down Kane boy
👍
Glad I got your true self out..
Worm Biology GIF

We were lethargic the whole game but still should have won. Kane's offside should have stood. There is no way that system is accurate down to centimetre level.

Can't disagree, but I hardly believe he would pick that line up if players like Skipp and Lucas were 100%. Also the opportunities weren't good, you are right. As I said, our attackers lets us down agains, our midfielder consisted of only one man and the wing backs were shite again. Nothing worked, but we weren't properly bad, still would won had the goals counted.
I didn't see enough from the attacking players I agree with you there son was terrible as was dele and kane wasn't that great either. Should of taken 3 points today one way or another but I never felt we would today.

If that was a foul by Doherty on Fraser then football is finished.
Football IS finished.

You can't touch the keeper any longer.

They have ultimate protection. I've seen keepers come out and punch players flush in the face and not get anything given against them because they were going for the ball.

Reverse the situation like this one and Doherty gets penalised for going for the ball.

It's fucked. What's more fucked is that Clattenburg said that VAR would never change the decision once the on field ref has given it. Its fucking pointless this VAR when you use it like this.

It's making a mockery of perfectly good video referring systems that other sports such as rugby and cricket can operate properly.

It's just an amalgam of little chances. We had something like 18 shots. Plus a penalty. I think the penalty is 0.9 xG so that only leaves 1.71 which is only something like 0.1 of an xG per shot.
I hate fucking xG per goal Bollocks!

We had two goals disallowed... I scared my 7 year old mistakingly celebrating the Doherty one, to the point he went upstairs.... I now have to spend the rest of the evening apologising, but still being livid... in secret!
Go fix THAT you xG cunts!!

Yeah he scored a brilliant goal from the only time he was provided with any kind of service at all, but the officials decided to rule it out despite the lines clearly showing he was on. Did you miss it?

He also in general had a good game, had the officials not decided to bizarrely apply the rules in a way they haven't all season, he caps it with a great goal. That is football.

If we won we’d have won

Did it count? If I were sammyspurs sammyspurs or KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy I might flip it around and say "so we counting Kane goals that are chalked off now" but I'm not gonna do that. I will however point you to thinktank thinktank 's point about the very real circumstances/consequences we suffer as a result of having a player that doesn't get around the park. For it to balance those 'potential goals' have to actually count otherwise it's a net negative.

Did he? consdiering that backline is rubbish and they were down to 10 mean? Extrapolated over 38 games was that performance worth 100M? This is the context and not the happy clappy only say positive things world that exists on the other side of this debate.

You don't have to count it, but to say 'he couldn't even score vs these' when he did and VAR decided to make a bizarre decision is .. interesting. It's just weird to call out a player on not scoring on a day when as far as I can tell, by the description of the rules, VAR's dropped the ball.

I didn't see any issue with him getting about today, honestly. He's not a speedster, what about how we benefit from his incisive passing? Because today he looked the most likely to make something happen at all times. He even beat his man a few times.

They parked the bus and we didn't get it to him in any good positions, the one time we did he put it away beautifully. You throw in a 70/80m Vlahovic and do we think he scores today? And if so, from what? 100m sounds great but in the current market that gets you another CF and maybe a squad player.

Back
Top Bottom