Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly. He's wonderful when there's lots of grass for him to run into, but against a packed defence he looks like a pub player at times.

Makes me laugh how some people think fast/running players are the key to opening up a deep, stubborn defense.

What did Doc do wrong today?
My original post doesn’t mention todays match, it just says ‘he is our worst ever signing’

I fully believe he is, even if he raised his usual 3/10 to a 4/10 today (in which he did nothing other than miss a decent chance)

I honestly can’t remember seeing a spurs player with less ability, physicality or character play for us

Corruption or not, it’s a disgustingly bad call to give that goal as offside. Absolutely no way you can prove that is offside
It was a goal. VAR just allows corrupt officials to rule them out for literally no good reason.

It's utterly pathetic. What's the fucking point in even watching football these days?

Winks probably our best player today

Probably our poorest players :
- Dele, who is not a right winger and looked off form, possibly in part because he was played there. I understand the need to rest/rotate Moura and its unfortunate that Bergwijn was not fit enough to play there rather than Dele. Really shows we are short inn the attacking ositions
- Hojbjerg, seems to be on a mini poor run after 50+ successive PL starts. A real shame
- Son probably belongs in this group, everyone's entitled to the off off day.

The other players were somewhere in between. I wonder if most of the team were a bit fatigued after playing a game 48 hours before and if given an extra days rest we would have fared better ? But if we'd got a fair var decision we'd have got the win.
Don’t play on the right then play him where he has been most effective in his spurs career which is behind Kane. I really don’t get playing someone like dele out of position when we all know a) his searching for form and b) his most effective playing in the hole.

Makes me laugh how some people think fast/running players are the key to opening up a deep, stubborn defense.

I think sometimes, players that are quick over the first few yards are useful in making off-ball runs against sides that sit deep. Sterling for Man City is probably a good example of what I mean. These type of players can attack limited space very quickly. But obviously, they need a bit of intelligence and technical skill, I don't think Traore is that guy.

And you still need the player who can find Sterling with a pass, we don't have many/any of this type of passer. Man City have about 54 of them in the squad, I don't know how they cope.

Back
Top Bottom