Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t play on the right then play him where he has been most effective in his spurs career which is behind Kane. I really don’t get playing someone like dele out of position when we all know a) his searching for form and b) his most effective playing in the hole.

Dele was played there as there were no better options if Mours needed rotating

But it clearly didn't work out.

Makes me laugh how some people think fast/running players are the key to opening up a deep, stubborn defense.
It's a useful option which we made use of when we had Lennon, Bale, and Walker.

Obviously you need to have talent too. From memory Darren Bent trained as a 200m runner, and it wasn't quite enough to transform speed into prolific goals (although he didn't do too badly).

In your very biased opinion. BC rewatched and came to a different opinion. I thought he was off in real-time and wasn't really fussed about the VAR. and it doesn't matter WHY reality isn't coutning it only that it doesn't count.

See, folks of your ilk banging one out over pens is why folks can't see a player for what they really are contributing. There were any of 5 players on the field for us that would have scored that pen. He's just fortunate to be the designated taker. Credit to Sonny for getting it. sonny could have just taken it and we'd more than likely have the same result. the only difference you ask? Welp, I wouldn't be here arguin that Sonny had a great game beacuse he scored a pen...he was rubbish and that would have been the determination with or without that pen. for Kane it is the very basis of your argument and why folks are always caught off-guard when players are finally done (like Dele). they've spent so long denying the reality. Must get tiresome with all the evidence going the other way.

Where we are is that some people like to evaluate the players obejctively and not happy-clap their way into delusion.

Let me ask you this, is where we're we are now a place where folks run to tell us Kane is "back" whenever he scores a goal from open play? Well, if that's true then the converse should also be fair play. right? Could you let us know what position you took from the weekend? Asking for a friend.
He scored 2 goals today. One wrongly disallowed. If that was allowed like it should have been what would you be saying

It's a useful option which we made use of when we had Lennon, Bale, and Walker.

It's guile, technical ability and quick incisive that will break a parked bus down, not pace.

Obviously you need to have talent too. From memory Darren Bent trained as a 200m runner, and it wasn't quite enough to transform speed into prolific goals (although he didn't do too badly).

Didn't know that.... TBH, it's been a while, but I don't even recall Bent being particularly quick.

My original post doesn’t mention todays match, it just says ‘he is our worst ever signing’

I fully believe he is, even if he raised his usual 3/10 to a 4/10 today (in which he did nothing other than miss a decent chance)

I honestly can’t remember seeing a spurs player with less ability, physicality or character play for us
He actually got in behind southamptons defence more than what was on the pitch

He scored 2 goals today. One wrongly disallowed. If that was allowed like it should have been what would you be saying
Well, I guess I would say "if ifs and buts were beer and nuts we'd have a great party". He scored 1 goal today and it was a penalty...the rest is academic. Beyond that I don't base my assessment of a player on how many goals they've scored. Those are moments in a game. But evaluating a player in a game takes into account myriad moments and any evaluation is based on the entirety of those moments.

Well, I guess I would say "if ifs and buts were beer and nuts we'd have a great party". He scored 1 goal today and it was a penalty...the rest is academic. Beyond that I don't base my assessment of a player on how many goals they've scored. Those are moments in a game. But evaluating a player in a game takes into account myriad moments and any evaluation is based on the entirety of those moments.
Who knew youd judge a striker on goals scored🤔

There are a few of those igula/larry david types on TFC who don't judge players by what they do in games.
Go figure.
I judge Doherty by everything he does in games, and it’s all fucking shit, he was shit today just like he always is, and did absolutely nothing to change the game apart from miss a chance

You seem to think he’s Messi just because he didn’t trip over the ball for once

Also tag me next time you want to try and slag me off you coward

I judge Doherty by everything he does in games, and it’s all fucking shit, he was shit today just like he always is, and did absolutely nothing to change the game apart from miss a chance

You seem to think he’s Messi just because he didn’t trip over the ball for once

Also tag me next time you want to try and slag me off you coward
Ah,, you admit you watched the game at last.
What did Doc do wrong?
You and igula are like soul brothers.

Back
Top Bottom