Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you been supporting for 12-18 months only then

Or have Alzheimers?
28 years

And no, but thanks for checking

We’ve had some serious shit in our time but for me in terms of the whole package, transfer fee, wages etc, Doherty has been up there with any of them, not one outstanding attribute, not even one middling attribute

Dreadful player

28 years

And no, but thanks for checking

We’ve had some serious shit in our time but for me in terms of the whole package, transfer fee, wages etc, Doherty has been up there with any of them, not one outstanding attribute, not even one middling attribute

Dreadful player

Well, Doherty in his 45 minutes

- twice as many passes as Kane
- Same number of shots as Kane and Son
- Won more aerial duels
- Made more crosses (I'm not sure Son completed a cross in the entire game)
- Got the ball in the back of the net
- Had a higher XG than SON

Not bad for a 'dreadful' player.

We didn't score the winner because Son is ineffective against teams that park the bus and Kane is still struggling to get any time on the ball. Excellent balls were played into the box by both Winks and Doherty which our strikers failed to attack. The piss poor header from Son took the biscuit!

Was a world class penalty :)
It was quality, not sure how world class a penalty can be, I’ve seen Troy Deeney do that.

Decent performance, but this is the thing with Kane, he’s a sponge, that sucks up the good vibes around him.

But he’s not the guy that absolutely smashes that game to bits and drags us screaming over the line. He’s just one of the others.

It was quality, not sure how world class a penalty can be, I’ve seen Troy Deeney do that.

Decent performance, but this is the thing with Kane, he’s a sponge, that sucks up the good vibes around him.

But he’s not the guy that absolutely smashes that game to bits and drags us screaming over the line. He’s just one of the others.
can't think of any of our players for along long time dragged us over the line, maybe that's why we don't win those important games

can't think of any of our players for along long time dragged us over the line, maybe that's why we don't win those important games
And this is part of the reasoning for my views on Kane.
No he can’t do it alone, and win every game for us, but he just doesn’t look any better than anyone else out there.

I mean it was him and Winks getting the plaudits for this game.
Kane being marginally better than Winks against a ten man Southampton isn’t going to get us far.

On the formation tactics and subs again can’t help we missed a trick 2nd half by having Doh as LWB we didn’t pressure kwp more. He basically had a stroll. If Gil was coming on surely a run at kwp would have been more useful.
Still fuming at the subs, formation and tactics of that 2nd half. We may really find the 2 points dropped costly. 2 games now against 10 men we could have improved our GD but we didn’t exploit it!

And this is part of the reasoning for my views on Kane.
No he can’t do it alone, and win every game for us, but he just doesn’t look any better than anyone else out there.

I mean it was him and Winks getting the plaudits for this game.
Kane being marginally better than Winks against a ten man Southampton isn’t going to get us far.
agree we should have the abilitiy to break down a 10 men team, but when
we have no-one who is a real creative MF,
NO one in back 3 who can see a pass,
manager who doesn't like Rodon (he could have come on and push Davies to LWB) so we get right footer on the left who can't even do simple pass with left foot
our scouting/transfer team have not covered themselves in gold over many years, our success in transfers must be 1 in 3 or less, heads should roll for that

On the formation tactics and subs again can’t help we missed a trick 2nd half by having Doh as LWB we didn’t pressure kwp more. He basically had a stroll. If Gil was coming on surely a run at kwp would have been more useful.
Still fuming at the subs, formation and tactics of that 2nd half. We may really find the 2 points dropped costly. 2 games now against 10 men we could have improved our GD but we didn’t exploit it!
agree with you regards the sub's but we are looking without the Managers day to day knowledge of the players (fitness, does he work hard enough, does manager like him)
the biggest problem is the manager seems not to "like/get on with" Rodon, bring Rodon on push Davies forward NO Doh as LWB
though he would have got Ndembele on in an advanced role around 70mins to try to create chances

agree with you regards the sub's but we are looking without the Managers day to day knowledge of the players (fitness, does he work hard enough, does manager like him)
the biggest problem is the manager seems not to "like/get on with" Rodon, bring Rodon on push Davies forward NO Doh as LWB
though he would have got Ndembele on in an advanced role around 70mins to try to create chances
Agreed surely that would have been better option if he wanted to pursue 3 CBs. Although for the life of me no idea why we need 3 against 10 plus PEH and winks?

The most 'Spursy' stat of the day!!
They say that 'every club thinks their team is the unlucky one'
But this proves the point, Spurs now, as it was Spurs then... I just knew before reading who the last team to 'suffer that ignominy' would be!
That's why a Roy Keane or Greame Souness back in the day might well have changed the course of our history!
Graham Roberts was probably the one that sticks in my mind....
Modric, Bale and VDV did it in different, more creative ways... but the 'dragging' bit always feels like it should be done by a tougher player who the others are actually SCARED of!
If PEH was any better technically, he COULD be that type of player... He clearly thinks he's that type of player!!

In the cold light of day,
I think it's fair to say,

WE WAS ROBBED
WE WAS ROBBED
WE WAS ROBBED

(to the tune of Love Letters in the Sand, by Pat Boone)

That's not helping my mood this morning....

Having to re-draw lines the day after to prove something, and at the same time only making it feel worse is exactly what's wrong with VAR...

If it's THAT miniscule, of course it'll be missed in real time, but then who in their right mind can definitively say it's offside after studying it?
Gaaahhhh!!!!!

Docherty wasn’t the issue today. He came on and at least posed a few questions to the oppo.
He’s not good enough for sure if we are serious about competing, but don’t hang the poor cunt out to dry for no reason. There’s a few others in the “utter shit” bracket from today. Docherty isn’t at the top of that list of shame.
I'm no apologist for the guy, he is an ordinary player - but this constant demonising of Spurs players for not being global standard matchwinners is pathetic, and makes our fanbase look exactly like the people we are so readily accused of being.

Back
Top Bottom