Southampton Vs Tottenham - 28th Dec - 3pm KO (Live On Amazon Prime)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, Doherty in his 45 minutes

- twice as many passes as Kane
- Same number of shots as Kane and Son
- Won more aerial duels
- Made more crosses (I'm not sure Son completed a cross in the entire game)
- Got the ball in the back of the net
- Had a higher XG than SON

Not bad for a 'dreadful' player.

We didn't score the winner because Son is ineffective against teams that park the bus and Kane is still struggling to get any time on the ball. Excellent balls were played into the box by both Winks and Doherty which our strikers failed to attack. The piss poor header from Son took the biscuit!
You forgot one
-played on the left and came inside unto his right every. fucking. time...

And having a higher xG than someone means you've missed the better chances so it's not really that much to brag about...

I'm no apologist for the guy, he is an ordinary player - but this constant demonising of Spurs players for not being global standard matchwinners is pathetic, and makes our fanbase look exactly like the people we are so readily accused of being.
I don’t demonise him, I just think he’s shit and haven’t been proven otherwise yet

If he turns his form round and shows that he has the ability to belong at the club then I’ll be the first to congratulate him and hold my hands up

One cameo yesterday in which he did sweet fuck all isn’t that for me

I don’t demonise him, I just think he’s shit and haven’t been proven otherwise yet

If he turns his form round and shows that he has the ability to belong at the club then I’ll be the first to congratulate him and hold my hands up

One cameo yesterday in which he did sweet fuck all isn’t that for me
he effectively scored a goal, which was disallowed for no discernable reason
he had a much better game than Regulion
provided multiple crosses from the "wrong" side

like I said, he's not special, but he's he's a squad player

You forgot one
-played on the left and came inside unto his right every. fucking. time...

And having a higher xG than someone means you've missed the better chances so it's not really that much to brag about...
It's not his fault he's a right footed RB that was played on the left. There's no doubt the entire team and Conte himself knew that was what he would be doing.
As for the XG - it was higher because he got into the position to score a goal. A position fan favourite Son didn't do for 90 minutes.

There's no point turning on our players over this game. This was taken away from us by the bent ref and bent VAR team.

If they didn't ruin it, we'd all be happy we comfortably won a game where we had more shots on target than they had in their entirety.

ICYMI
Courtesy harry 7

Doherty in his 45 minutes

- Won more aerial duels

We didn't score the winner because Son is ineffective against teams that park the bus and Kane is still struggling to get any time on the ball. Excellent balls were played into the box by both Winks and Doherty which our strikers failed to attack. The piss poor header from Son took the biscuit!

ICYMI
Courtesy harry 7

Doherty in his 45 minutes

- Won more aerial duels

Doherty played really well compared to some of his previous outings, especially considering he was on his wrong foot. Got forward pretty well, can’t blame for not going outside or using his left

Yes we can say we was robbed. But in the cold light of day this team doesn’t have the killer instinct to put games like this to bed . Could you imagine Man City playing against 10 men Southampton would probably at least have scored three or four .

Yes we can say we was robbed. But in the cold light of day this team doesn’t have the killer instinct to put games like this to bed . Could you imagine Man City playing against 10 men Southampton would probably at least have scored three or four .

Even City sometimes struggle against a parked bus, getting past 10 men sitting in front of the goal is not easy for any team.

The difference is that they never would have let Saints bully them in the first half the way we did. We only got a grip of the game once they lost a man.

Can you also imagine those city goals being struck off incorrectly?

But we did put it to bed. Kane scored. We forced their keeper to score an own goal.

This is so disheartening. As someone said in the original Reddit thread - this should go viral.
What SHOULD happen, is that no lines are drawn.
Without the lines, Kane looks onside. Give the goal. That's how it should work. Cursory 5 second glance. The grass stripes should be the only reference point.
Look at the still imagine, without the red and blue lines, and look at the players relative to the stripes. Looks onside.

I thought that VAR should only overall where a clear mistake had been made by the on-field officials. Based on any line that anyone wants to draw it absolutely isn’t clear, and that’s where the injustice lies.
And yet, when the referee clearly got it wrong with the "Doherty" goal, VAR did nothing.
It's bent. Refs are bent. They've always been bent.

Back
Top Bottom