The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually think we will finish fourth. Utd don't have a perm manager which was a stupid move. And west ham have already shown they cant sustain it. Woolwich ar better, but are they as good as us? I don't think so, not under Conte.

I actually think we will finish fourth. Utd don't have a perm manager which was a stupid move. And west ham have already shown they cant sustain it. Woolwich ar better, but are they as good as us? I don't think so, not under Conte.
Their 11 is decent but not a lot beyond it. Hopefully get some sever Covid and long term injuries

Utd not having a permanent appointment won't make any difference only at spurs would that be an excuse.
Utd and Woolwich have better options in terms of attacking and or creativity and one of them will probably get it, the games in hand will put pressure on the team which history shows they can't handle.

4th is going to be a long shot until we improve our away form.

Wolves (A) - scraped a 1-0 win
Palace (A) - battered 3-0
Woolwich (A) - battered 3-1
Newcastle (A) - scraped a 3-2 win
West Ham (A) - lost 1-0 without a shot in the second half
Everton (A) - drew 0-0 with no shots on target
Southampton (A) - drew 1-1 against 10 men

We have scored 4 goals in 7 away games against mid-table teams. I think at home we are looking strong and with Chelsea, City, United and Liverpool already played at WHL our home results should be good. Away from home we are frighteningly bad as we have been for a good couple of years. Easily intimidated, slow to start playing and generally a soft touch.

If we don't transform our away form we have no chance of top 4. You have to be able to beat lesser teams home and away if you want enough points to be up there.

4th is going to be a long shot until we improve our away form.

Wolves (A) - scraped a 1-0 win
Palace (A) - battered 3-0
Woolwich (A) - battered 3-1
Newcastle (A) - scraped a 3-2 win
West Ham (A) - lost 1-0 without a shot in the second half
Everton (A) - drew 0-0 with no shots on target
Southampton (A) - drew 1-1 against 10 men

We have scored 4 goals in 7 away games against mid-table teams. I think at home we are looking strong and with Chelsea, City, United and Liverpool already played at WHL our home results should be good. Away from home we are frighteningly bad as we have been for a good couple of years. Easily intimidated, slow to start playing and generally a soft touch.

If we don't transform our away form we have no chance of top 4. You have to be able to beat lesser teams home and away if you want enough points to be up there.
Which is why today's game is massive

Back
Top Bottom