Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Harry's semi-jogging around up front, unable to press, don't expect a smooth afternoon.

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

I guess what some posters are saying that out of winks and PEH performance v 10 man soton winks was the better player. Can’t say rotates as it’s not as if the other 9 players have been rotated. Plus winks hasn’t played that many games. However I’m sure most people would say PEH doesn’t deserve a start based on his recent performances. Let’s see what transpires.

Watford XI: Bachmann; Troost-Ekong, Sierralta, Cathcart, Masina; Sissoko; Sema, Kucka, Louza, King; Dennis.

I have genuinely never heard of half these guys

Troost-Ekong released by Spurs academy aged about 19/20, whilst Sissoko a sort of 'cult hero ' to some - so 2 strong Spurs connections !

Paul Pogba has been dropped to the Manchester United bench for their crunch Champions League clash against RB Leipzig.

Imagine not knowing what dropped means

:harrylol:

I guess what some posters are saying that out of winks and PEH performance v 10 man soton winks was the better player. Can’t say rotates as it’s not as if the other 9 players have been rotated. Plus winks hasn’t played that many games. However I’m sure most people would say PEH doesn’t deserve a start based on his recent performances. Let’s see what transpires.

I guess the same posters will still claim they think Conte did the right thing, despite thinking the total opposite should have happened

The concept of being 'dropped' only really applies these days to players who usually play pretty much all games, then suddenly play no games out of the next 3 or so despite being fit.

No one meets that criteria in our squad at the moment. Lucas and Skipp are clearly in Conte's preferred 11, but had a rest the other day. Winks is (at the moment at least) a squad player who Conte has seen as good enough to fill when others need a rest during a busy period.

It's a squad game these days, and has been for years. Talk of players being 'dropped' (other than when they meet the criteria in my first paragraph above) is surely a bit silly / meaningless.

Substitutions: Pierluigi Gollini, Japhet Tanganga, Matt Doherty, Joe Rodon, Harry Winks, Dele, Giovani Lo Celso, Tanguy Ndombele and Bryan Gil.

Lo Celso fit enough to make the bench - that means another Argentina match within about a month

The concept of being 'dropped' only really applies these days to players who usually play pretty much all games, then suddenly play no games out of the next 3 or so despite being fit.

No one meets that criteria in our squad at the moment. Lucas and Skipp are clearly in Conte's preferred 11, but had a rest the other day. Winks is (at the moment at least) a squad player who Conte has seen as good enough to fill when others need a rest during a busy period.

It's a squad game these days, and has been for years. Talk of players being 'dropped' (other than when they meet the criteria in my first paragraph above) is surely a bit silly / meaningless.
:harrylol:

Dropped to the bench means you wasn’t dropped to the bench despite starting the last two games

Back
Top Bottom