Watford VS Tottenham Saturday Jan 1st 2022 @3PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:harrylol:

Dropped to the bench means you wasn’t dropped to the bench despite starting the last two games
No, and I've explained above why not. The game has changed since what 'dropped' meant 20+ years ago. Starting 2 consecutive games during a particularly busy period doesn't necessarily make you part of the manager's first choice 11, and returning to the subs bench after those 2 games doesn't mean you've been 'dropped' - well not to most fans anyway - obviously you yourself can take it to mean anything you like, as long as you recognise that your understanding is different to that of 95% of other fans. That's all I'm pointing out.

No, and I've explained above why not. The game has changed since what 'dropped' meant 20+ years ago. Starting 2 consecutive games during a particularly busy period doesn't necessarily make you part of the manager's first choice 11, and returning to the subs bench after those 2 games doesn't mean you've been 'dropped' - well not to most fans anyway - obviously you yourself can take it to mean anything you like, as long as you recognise that your understanding is different to that of 95% of other fans. That's all I'm pointing out.
Winks was dropped after a great game according to the experts like Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 and SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs on here - fact

Looks like the rebirth of Pirlo has to wait a little longer

Last edited:
Dropped to the bench is dropped

Don’t waste your time. You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink.

Dropped to the bench is dropped
As I say, you can interpret it to mean anything you want - it means your understanding of the term 'dropped' will be different to 95% of other fans, but that's entirely up to you.

That's all semantics anyway - whatever wording you use, Winks came in to do a job while others were having a rest, or even when Conte wanted something specific for a certain game, now those others are back. No big story or drama, just normal use of a squad of players. It's really not rocket science, amazing that several on here seem to be struggling so hard to understand it.

As I say, you can interpret it to mean anything you want - it means your understanding of the term 'dropped' will be different to 95% of other fans, but that's entirely up to you.

That's all semantics anyway - whatever wording you use, Winks came in to do a job while others were having a rest, or even when Conte wanted something specific for a certain game, now those others are back. No big story or drama, just normal use of a squad of players. It's really not rocket science, amazing that several on here seem to be struggling so hard to understand it.
Going way over the top aren’t you

Learn footballing terminology
It’s not academic debate

Back
Top Bottom