January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They reduced his ban from 12 to 9 months. It sounds as though they still doubt him to me.
Here's the article, it's definitely written sympathetically but I leaned into believing his version.

That’s Onana’s version, and it is one Uefa accepted. They concluded there had been no attempt to cheat but banned him anyway, beginning in February this year. “I’m just a number,” he says. “They can’t deal case by case. I think they should but there are rules and the rules are the rules. The doctors said [Furosemide] is for water-retention and doesn’t benefit you.

Dominated and created very little. They were mainly dominating because United gave Neves too much space to dictate, which is when Wolves can get in their groove. Then in the second half United were taking charge of the match before Adama came on, and immediately you could see the United defenders dropping back and looking scared whenever he got on the ball.

Even if that's all he can be for us (Which I don't believe with Conte's coaching being an element) then I'm very happy, we need more impactful players from the bench.
They created more than enough!!!

FIMp0EOXoBILK86

Their XG was on the low side as many of their efforts were from outside the box, they are still transitioning from a low-block counter-attacking Nuno team to a possession one under Large.

He's just a roll of the dice, a hope, a maybe something happens but it rarely doses and everything backs this up. His own stats and the team stats. The fact he barely plays and if he does it's almost always from the bench.

Here's the article, it's definitely written sympathetically but I leaned into believing his version.

That’s Onana’s version, and it is one Uefa accepted. They concluded there had been no attempt to cheat but banned him anyway, beginning in February this year. “I’m just a number,” he says. “They can’t deal case by case. I think they should but there are rules and the rules are the rules. The doctors said [Furosemide] is for water-retention and doesn’t benefit you.

Very interesting
Especially the fact they claim the tablets looked like "Litacold" which are cold and flu tablets, not headache tablets.
Also interesting is that cold and flu meds contain drugs that, whilst not banned in sport, are known to give performance benefits.

I remember him coming on at half time v us when we played 'Bora. Couldn't believe he was only sub, such speed, trickery no one could get near him.
Then he had a shot!!

Yeah let’s go over his highlights and laugh at a couple of funny moments instead of recognising the simple fact that as soon as he came on, Wolves looked far more dangerous. Beforehand United had a foothold, Adama had them back camped in their own half and backing off him.

God forbid a player take risks and sometimes looks silly. We wouldn’t want our players to dare to try things which might unsettle an opposition defence, would we? Christ, some of the fans on here deserve players who are invisible for 90 minutes like Bergwijn.

I think Bergwijn is decent but on the rest of your post I agree.

Back
Top Bottom