Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it's articles like this that hurt me more than the result/performance.

the "Narrative" that there's some sort of "Spurs DNA" that will always over-promise & under-deliver. Perennial bottlers. etc it's ridiculous, players come and go and the club itself doesn't have human characteristics .

it's a nice story though, and until we win a trophy or 2 it'll remain the narrative.

some of the lines in this -

It’s a fascinating concept, an impossible clash of styles, of brands, between the manager who always wins things and the club that can go to extraordinary lengths and plumb unimaginable depths to avoid doing so.

It’s quite striking stuff from a manager who managed to take Chelsea from 10th to first in a single season five years ago.

But Chelsea are Chelsea and Spurs are Spurs.

Fundamentally, Conte’s reign at Spurs will come down to one thing: can Conte’s ability to Conte overcome Spurs’ ability to Spurs?

On the evidence at Stamford Bridge, your money would have to be on Spurs being just too potent a comedic, self-destructive force even for Conte.

For all that Spurs were several shades of awful, and that pratfall Spursiness has apparently consumed and defeated even a winning mentality as strong as Conte

Sticks and stones mate.

Spursy has become $pur$y. Trophies are not the name of the game for this football club. Such an old fashioned view of a brand.

Daniel knows we are doing extremely well in achieving our real goals.

One positive from last night is that, despite scaring the defence half to death, I don't think Lukaku actually troubled us much.
He looked slow and clumsy at times, more the Man United oaf than the Inter weapon.

chelsea is stronger than us, ok, there is huge quality gap.
but yesterday we didn't even try.
Tanganga is an absolute disgrace --> sell him
PEH is useless, but still play all the minutes of all the matches. better winks than him (and I've said all with that)
son needs some recover, maybe gil can begin some matches because he is good with the ball
doherty is championship level and we all knew that
sanchez can't play in the middle of the 3 CB

Sticks and stones mate.

Spursy has become $pur$y. Trophies are not the name of the game for this football club. Such an old fashioned view of a brand.

Daniel knows we are doing extremely well in achieving our real goals.
Much like his pathetic transfer dealings though, he's short sighted.
He could make far more money if they club are successful. All you have to do is look at how much the fanbases of Shitty and Chavski have grown. Look at how man Man U and Liverpool fans there are down south. Look at how mang Real and Barcelona fans there are world wide.
That doesn't happen because they have posh stadiums Daniel. It doesn't happen because they got in the CL a few times and increased their profits.

LOLOLOLOL
is he at it again?

just post this to his trolling

I have note once personally abused this poster, yet he's accusing me of such despicable acts without any repercussion
Probably because you've acted like a cunt for years and have picked up quite a number of "enemies". So when you do act a cunt, it gets jumped on. When people with fewer enemies act a cunt, it's less likely to garner votes.

Moral of the story... don't be a cunt for an extended period.

Also, CRY MORE!!!

ps - note his whiny comment to Case. This is the guy who regularly used to post comments, on me being a tax dodger because I took a job in Bermuda (where I paid taxes) and also regularly used to make references to me avoiding the UK police (who run the Bermuda police) due to operation Yewtree.
MASSIVE HYPOCRITE!

Well that was a pile of dogs doo.
Slightly better in the 2nd half, but not good.

Relief its only 2 to be honest. Still doable, but up hill.
We need a very early goal.
yep they had a lot of possession and more opportunities, but they weren't brilliant ones that SHOULD have been goals

Basically - they are 2 up, because we scored for them - which, admittedly, is hardly a ringing endorsement of our performance

I'm guessing that was written by some 18 year old that has no knowledge of how shit Chelsea were before the money fountain started to run, or how having billions of quid buys you all the best available players, pays them obscene amounts and keeps a string of 50 professionals out on loan as a strategic reserve.
Apart from that it was a fair fight
Article is spot on considering we also have a billionaire dodgy-cunt owner who simply chooses to invest in the London property market and not players while using us as the 'anchor tenants' to secure bank loans

For someone in his 70s your comments are embarrassingly defeatists seeing us decline like we have under ENIC. Shocking scenes.

The thing about last night is that it was a wake up call for Levy, these players can only be improved so much and we really need to get everything right in the transfer market...no bargain shop crap and if you do spend, no throwing the money down the drain on another Ndombele...

I'm no Dier fan, but I think Royal, Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Requillon would have kept Chelsea far more quiet.
Tanganga was afraid and having a back 5 with 4 of them being right footed didn't help at all.

Yeah, but Tanganga was excellent against City, he made two mistakes last night and was punished immediately in a way that probably wouldn't happen in any other ground but that shithole...

yep they had a lot of possession and more opportunities, but they weren't brilliant ones that SHOULD have been goals

Basically - they are 2 up, because we scored for them - which, admittedly, is hardly a ringing endorsement of our performance
At one point the possession stats in their favour were 81%-19%.
If i was a chelsea fan i would have the hump they are only 2 to the good to be honest.

The thing about last night is that it was a wake up call for Levy, these players can only be improved so much and we really need to get everything right in the transfer market...no bargain shop crap and if you do spend, no throwing the money down the drain on another Ndombele...
Mate - how many of this fucking wake-up calls has Levy had in the last 2-3 years?

- Zagreb away
- City and Liverpool humiliation
- The Mason travesty
- The Nuno embarrassment
- Mura away
- Gedson, Clarke, Lo Cuntso, Bergwijn, Paratici
- etc.

Nothing will make the bald cunt change his ways - his focus is on growing Joe Nonce's London property portfolio - we're just used as Surety to secure massive loans which the fans would pay

We're going to have to sell if Conte wants to spend considerable money. But the problem is, who would want our players? Getting massive money for Harry, that ship has now sailed. Clubs would rather chance it for Haaland or go for Vlahovic as they represent much better value for money. Tanguy will only go for peanuts compared to what we paid for him, and that's if any side is daft enough to match his wage demands even.

The likes of Alli, Bergwijn, Winks and Doherty need shipping out but collectively they're not going to bring in a lot of money. I should imagine most teams would only want to loan the likes of Alli and Winks also.

Basically, even with Conte, we're in shit creek without a paddle.

Mate - how many of this fucking wake-up calls has Levy had in the last 2-3 years?

- Zagreb away
- City and Liverpool humiliation
- The Mason travesty
- The Nuno embarrassment
- Mura away
- Gedson, Clarke, Lo Cuntso, Bergwijn, Paratici
- etc.

Nothing will make the bald cunt change his ways - his focus is on growing Joe Nonce's London property portfolio - we're just used as Surety to secure massive loans which the fans would pay
Did you just read that first sentence?

Back
Top Bottom