Chavski Vs Tottenham - League Cup Semi Final (1st Leg) - Wed 5th Jan KO 7:45pm, live on SKY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mate - how many of this fucking wake-up calls has Levy had in the last 2-3 years?

- Zagreb away
- City and Liverpool humiliation
- The Mason travesty
- The Nuno embarrassment
- Mura away
- Gedson, Clarke, Lo Cuntso, Bergwijn, Paratici
- etc.

Nothing will make the bald cunt change his ways - his focus is on growing Joe Nonce's London property portfolio - we're just used as Surety to secure massive loans which the fans would pay
Most billionaires are competitive people and don’t like getting embarrassed - we must have the most meek, shameful bastards ever. Roman opens up their assholes time and time again and rams them and they just take it on their no net spend / investment strategy

We're going to have to sell if Conte wants to spend considerable money. But the problem is, who would want our players? Getting massive money for Harry, that ship has now sailed. Clubs would rather chance it for Haaland or go for Vlahovic as they represent much better value for money. Tanguy will only go for peanuts compared to what we paid for him, and that's if any side is daft enough to match his wage demands even.

The likes of Alli, Bergwijn, Winks and Doherty need shipping out but collectively they're not going to bring in a lot of money. I should imagine most teams would only want to loan the likes of Alli and Winks also.

Basically, even with Conte, we're in shit creek without a paddle.

I'm still livid that we didn't negotiate a deal for Harry and get a younger replacement. It's not hindsight, a lot of us could see how this would pan out.
Even if he does return to his former glory, he's not young and will need to be replaced sooner rather than later anyway. We missed the chance to get a decent wedge and a decent player who's value would have increased. now it's the opposite, we'll take a hit on the incoming fee and have to fund the difference for the replacement ourselves.
All because dipshit Levy "wouldn't even pick up the phone"

Most billionaires are competitive people and don’t like getting embarrassed - we must have the most meek, shameful bastards ever as Roman opens up their assholes time and time again and rams them
Their property portfolio is nothing to be embarrassed about

All paid for by gullible fans

I'm still livid that we didn't negotiate a deal for Harry and get a younger replacement. It's not hindsight, a lot of us could see how this would pan out.
Even if he does return to his former glory, he's not young and will need to be replaced sooner rather than later anyway. We missed the chance to get a decent wedge and a decent player who's value would have increased. now it's the opposite, we'll take a hit on the incoming fee and have to fund the difference for the replacement ourselves.
All because dipshit Levy "wouldn't even pick up the phone"

Exactly why I said we should have sold him when we had the chance to. Would have been good for him and more importantly good for us long-term.

Harry hasn't lost his ability, just some of his physical tools have got worse which is perfectly normal for someone that's A) Been run into the ground every season, and B) Picks up a lot of niggling injuries. In a team that has better players behind and around him and creates more than we do he will still look top class, no doubt.

Chelsea looked so far ahead of us now, us winning our games in hand to be a point behind is more an indication that other teams have done better against them than what we'll ever do...

Most billionaires are competitive people and don’t like getting embarrassed - we must have the most meek, shameful bastards ever. Roman opens up their assholes time and time again and rams them and they just take it on their no net spend / investment strategy

Roman is owed £1.5 billion by that lot. His own money.

ENIC invested £30m and could potentially sell up for £2billion 1 day.
Factor NFL into that and the price is only going up.

You think joe Lewis cares about some guys running around a pitch chasing an inflated ball?? Get serious. He’s all about making profits not losses.

100% laughing at Roman’s losses as ENIC builds a property portfolio in north London.

$pur$y

You think joe Lewis cares about some guys running around a pitch chasing an inflated ball?? Get serious. He’s all about making profits not losses.

100% laughing at Roman’s losses as ENIC builds a property portfolio in north London.

$pur$y
I don’t think Roman wants that 1.5BN back anytime soon, I’ve been holding out hope for years and even when he was banned from the country he continued pumping cash in

2-0 is not impossible to come back from. Although when was last time they lost by 2+ clear goals?

Winning by 3 clear goals does seem fanciful based on our and theirs league and cup performances this season.

So only real positive from last night is away goals don’t matter anymore.
Remember Spurs v Ajax !! All is not lost, don't give up. COYS

I dont think people are over-reacting; losing isn’t what’s causing such consternation, but we have seen this level of performance so many fucking times, under four managers now, it’s driving us all nuts! Many opportunities have been missed to improve the team in the last five years, so much time been wasted, and yet again this is demonstrated in the embarrassment of that first half last night. Conte has improved us in the league, which has raised hopes, only for them to be shown to be delusional with this squad. We all know a rebuild takes time, but there’s no trust that the right materials will be bought. Hence the reaction.

And what's the common theme under 4 coaches.

We've change our defence. We've changed out midfield.

Lloris, Son and Kane.

Lloris continuously calls out the team for not trying hard enough, and it now feels that he is maybe having a dig at Son and Kane.

Why have these 2 been unstoppable, even when playing badly. Even when injured?

I'm very interested to see if Son now gets benched by Conte.

We don’t have another striker to throw on a la Ajax to change the game. Yet another joke issue that has been allowed to run on and on by the geniuses in charge of the club.

$pur$y

This concept that one day they will have to pay him back is pathetic.
You do realise that they make a lot of money now, right? He paid next to nothing to buy the club, fronted a lot of money to make them compete, and has been running them as a business ever since.
They're now one of the most successful clubs in world football, constantly make massive profit and, here's the thing you and all the others seem to miss, are worth a fecking fortune.
He doesn't walk away and demand money leaving them penniless. He sells the club to a new owner, for a fuck tone of money leaving them in good health.

People are just going to have to accept that, bar a catastrophic failure in the running of the club, Chelsea will never go back to the days of being on the brink. It just won't happen.

And what's the common theme under 4 coaches.

We've change our defence. We've changed out midfield.

Lloris, Son and Kane.

Lloris continuously calls out the team for not trying hard enough, and it now feels that he is maybe having a dig at Son and Kane.

Why have these 2 been unstoppable, even when playing badly. Even when injured?

I'm very interested to see if Son now gets benched by Conte.

What are the options?
Bergwjin and Gil up front?
Dele?

I'm no Dier fan, but I think Royal, Dier, Sanchez, Davies and Requillon would have kept Chelsea far more quiet.
Tanganga was afraid and having a back 5 with 4 of them being right footed didn't help at all.
We dont have many good CBs . So this insistence on 3 CBs no matter what the situation, is extremely wierd.

I don’t think Roman wants that 1.5BN back anytime soon, I’ve been holding out hope for years and even when he was banned from the country he continued pumping cash in

That’s the crux. They are playing a different game to us.

Add city and now Newcastle in the mix. Money no object.
League is fucked up.

European Super league will happen one day IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom