Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our summer window was a disaster

Not one player has come in and improved what was a fairly woeful squad last season

It mostly wasn’t great other than getting players out of the door. That being said prior to his absence and injury Romero was probably our best player this season other than Skipp and far better than our other defenders technically.

Gil looks a serious talent but a young prospect when we needed ready players.

Not one player has come in and improved what was a fairly woeful squad last season

No chance that anyone can still try to defend this window.

I think Romero is an top quality player so when he returns that will be one player to really improve the team. But we are already looking for a replacement for Royal, looking for replacements for Gollini and Gil/Sarr have offered us nothing.

If we had brought in 3 starting level players, think how much better off we would have been. We wouldn't be in a desperate need to bring in at least 3 guys now.

I said 4/10 in the summer and that is looking like a way too optimistic view of what it turned out to be.

All we're doing every summer at the moment is adding to the chaff already here, 2021- Emerson, 2020- Bergwijn, Doherty, Hojbjerg 2019 - Ndombele, Lo Celso, Clarke 2017- Sanchez. Add in the failed or mediocre loans or frees Gollini, Hart, Vinicius , Gedson and its just such a rancid mess.

Romero will stroll back into the team once he’s fit, and Gil is pushing his way through the pile of disappointments as we speak.

And come what may with Royal, I never give up on a player in his first season in England as a rule.

Too early to call it a success, but certainly too early to call it a disaster either.

Hard to bring in starter level players with your hands tied behind your back by Levy.

Given the finances available to him, I think he did a solid job.

Given the finances given to him he could have used the money to buy Gil and Emerson to bring in guys that are quality.

Romero will stroll back into the team once he’s fit, and Gil is pushing his way through the pile of disappointments as we speak.

And come what may with Royal, I never give up on a player in his first season in England as a rule.

Too early to call it a success, but certainly too early to call it a disaster either.

I don't think it is too early to call it a disaster.

We clearly need a striker (or two) and got nobody. We have now struggled with scoring goals and having to overplay Kane and Son.

We had major issues in our MF, especially when it came to creativity, and we did nothing to address the issue.

We needed a quality manager brought it and were told as fans we would return to the style of play that fit our club, we brought in Nuno.

We currently are looking at RWB/RB options despite buying Royal, not a good look to look at replacing the guy you bought 4 months ago.

Lloris has had to play in a number of ECL and Cup games because Gollini can't be trusted. I think most, if not all fans, feel we need an upgrade at Gk.

If we had paired Gil and Sarr signings with the help we needed at the senior level I would have a lot more patience for the idea that they might be good in the future but when we left so many clear holes in the squad it is hard for a club that is supposed to have ambition to pin our hopes on them while the current team struggles.

I don't think it is too early to call it a disaster.

We clearly need a striker (or two) and got nobody. We have now struggled with scoring goals and having to overplay Kane and Son.

We had major issues in our MF, especially when it came to creativity, and we did nothing to address the issue.

We needed a quality manager brought it and were told as fans we would return to the style of play that fit our club, we brought in Nuno.

We currently are looking at RWB/RB options despite buying Royal, not a good look to look at replacing the guy you bought 4 months ago.

Lloris has had to play in a number of ECL and Cup games because Gollini can't be trusted. I think most, if not all fans, feel we need an upgrade at Gk.

If we had paired Gil and Sarr signings with the help we needed at the senior level I would have a lot more patience for the idea that they might be good in the future but when we left so many clear holes in the squad it is hard for a club that is supposed to have ambition to pin our hopes on them while the current team struggles.
Oh totally agree that holes were left in a disastrous fashion.

But here we are with a second bite at the cherry in that regard.

In the end the windows are judged by how good the players bought and sold are though.

Couldn’t agree more. Utter shite recruitment as per usual. At a push you can say Romero as he has been decent, but spent 85% of his time either on international duty or injured. An absolute joke. Gil whilst possibly a talent, looks far too lightweight and hasn’t made a difference. Gollini is utter wank. Royal looks like a rabbit caught in headlights. Saar another “talent” that’s pulling no trees up in the French league this season either. It’s no wonder why this club never win a dime and get shafted by the likes of Chelsea every season

A starting level CL talent costs more than what we paid for those two.

Bryan Gil was 22m and Lamela, Royal was 25m.

You can get good players for 45m+

Denzel Dumfries was 12.5m. He has been one of the top players for Inter Milan who are leading the Serie A. If we brought him in we are not currently looking for a RB/RWB. That isn't close to what we spent for one of them let alone both combined.

Edouard signed with Crytal Palace for 14m and has 5 goals for them. He would have given us a needed attacking option and again wasn't close to what we paid for either guy let alone both.

That is two players off the top of my head that vastly improve us and cost about half of what we paid for each.

The way the money was spent was definitely a major issue.

Paratici is dog shit.

Bryan Gil was 22m and Lamela, Royal was 25m.

You can get good players for 45m+

Denzel Dumfries was 12.5m. He has been one of the top players for Inter Milan who are leading the Serie A. If we brought him in we are not currently looking for a RB/RWB. That isn't close to what we spent for one of them let alone both combined.

Edouard signed with Crytal Palace for 14m and has 5 goals for them. He would have given us a needed attacking option and again wasn't close to what we paid for either guy let alone both.

That is two players off the top of my head that vastly improve us and cost about half of what we paid for each.

The way the money was spent was definitely a major issue.

Paratici is dog shit.
You're using hindsight to make a point.

Neither of those names would have been called "CL ready" this summer by anyone on here. They are good scouted players who've hit the ground running. But if they didn't, you wouldn't mention them.

A CL ready player is often a well known name. Say, Vlahovic, Lauturo, etc. These players cost upward of 60 because they're as close to certain as you can get without going for superstars ala mbappe.

Signed shit for Juventus and thus far has signed shit for Spurs .. what a surprise. At least we haven't signed shit on mega contracts just because they happen to free, but I'm sure that'll happen too if he gets half a chance.

You're using hindsight to make a point.

Neither of those names would have been called "CL ready" this summer by anyone on here. They are good scouted players who've hit the ground running. But if they didn't, you wouldn't mention them.

A CL ready player is often a well known name. Say, Vlahovic, Lauturo, etc. These players cost upward of 60 because they're as close to certain as you can get without going for superstars ala mbappe.

What???

Lots of people on here and elsewhere were talking about Dumfries. Edouard was mentioned as a solid striker option as well. That is not hindsight and were two quick examples.

If you truly believe that with 25m+ and 22m the best we could do is Emerson who isn't good enough and Gil who rarely plays that is insane.

Edit:

Also where did CL ready players come in? We need PL level starters to upgrade on crap like Dier, Davies, Sanchez, Winks, PEH, Moura, Emerson that we are starting.

Mbappe??? Who is mentioning guys like him.

Yeah, he’s got to do a lot fucking better to impress me with the signings this year that’s for sure.
Are you mental? Paratici gets the deals done, sorts shit out with agents - he’s not responsible for choosing players, as we all know Daniel Levy, Donna cunting Cullen and beancounter Matthew Collett have the final decision on budget and player selection with inputs and recommendations from their lackeys eg Paratici, Pleat, Hitchen etc

You simply cannot blame Paratici. It’s Levy that’s responsible

Are you mental? Paratici gets the deals done, sorts shit out with agents - he’s not responsible for choosing players, as we all know Daniel Levy, Donna cunting Cullen and beancounter Matthew Collett have the final decision on budget and player selection with inputs and recommendations from their lackeys eg Paratici, Pleat, Hitchen etc

You simply cannot blame Paratici. It’s Levy that’s responsible

Rambling nonsense

Back
Top Bottom