Alasdair Gold - ENIC Chief Press Officer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This thread is about Ali Gold. Can I respectfully suggest that people put their anti-Levy anti-ENIC stuff in the thread dedicated to this spouting of negativity. I guess I could just ignore this thread as well but then I might miss an interesting post about Ali Gold which would be a shame.

It isn’t just about Ali Gold

It’s about him being pro Enic so anti Enic comments are therefore fine

Im 100% with you this year JT

Hey guys. Look at me and sammyspurs sammyspurs

Seohyun%20and%20Hyoyeon%20SNSD%20Girls%27%20Generation%20Happy%20Together%20GIF%20%286%29.gif

Ally Gold is a well connected journalist and reports what those in the club tell him, as any good journalist does.

The problem is we don’t like the shit that ENIC is peddling. But that’s what they are telling journalists and is predictive of what they do. It’s not Ally’s fault that ENIC isn’t being ambitious. It’s a logical fallacy to hate Ally for reporting on ENIC’s lack of ambition.

He was pretty critical of the club in his most recent article about minimal January spending. What do you want him to do, lie and say ENIC are going to spend when they aren’t.

“However, Conte clearly needs new faces to fit his system after the club spent the summer signing players who instead fit his predecessor's.

That's why hiring a manager and sacking him after just four months is a costly mistake to make in the first place and one that Paratici is going to have rectify somehow.

If Tottenham do not find more money from somewhere to spend in this transfer window then all of the heat from the fanbase for any disappointments in the months ahead will likely come down squarely on the shoulders of Levy, a chairman who faced his first real vocal protests from fans last season.

That's not even taking into account how Conte will react. The Italian is not a man who keeps his displeasure at situations to himself.
The club have unwittingly compounded the pressure on themselves among the fans by following up their own Espirito Santo mistake with the ambitious appointment of Conte.

The Italian is clearly already improving what he has at Spurs and that fourth place spot is not the long shot it was looking before his arrival, but he needs help to maintain the current trajectory.

Spurs have a habit of missing their window of opportunity. This time, financially the riches on offer through Champions League qualification would more than make up for a modest outlay this month on new signings to shape Conte's squad for the second half of the season.

All eyes are now on those making the decisions at Tottenham Hotspur. Their appointment of Antonio Conte was a statement, it was a big piece of the puzzle but the jigsaw is nowhere near finished.”

Last edited:
Stop this crap about Ali, he’s a reliable journalist and he just reports what he’s told from the club. If you don’t like it to bad so sad not his fault. Stop shooting the messenger. He’s just writing what he hears from the club

Stop this crap about Ali, he’s a reliable journalist and he just reports what he’s told from the club. If you don’t like it to bad so sad not his fault. Stop shooting the messenger. He’s just writing what he hears from the club
LOL

Took you exactly 3 days for the mask to slip, Mr Chicago

Last edited:
Interesting, you're all saying he's an ENIC mouthpiece.
I assume you didn't pick up on the line "if Conte can't do it then well"

To me, that's saying what we all think. That it doesn't matter who the coach is, there is something else preventing us from winning.

Interesting, you're all saying he's an ENIC mouthpiece.
I assume you didn't pick up on the line "if Conte can't do it then well"

To me, that's saying what we all think. That it doesn't matter who the coach is, there is something else preventing us from winning.

I cannot stand ENIC but Ali has made similar statements like this in the past too.

I think even if he has an insider link at the club, he can only share what they tell him.

I cannot stand ENIC but Ali has made similar statements like this in the past too.

I think even if he has an insider link at the club, he can only share what they tell him.

He totally has an inside line. What I'm saying, is that he isn't here to make excuses for them, or lie to fans etc. He has an opinion of his own based on what he's told.

Back
Top Bottom