Tottenham Hotspur v Moscow Blues | Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg | Wednesday 12 January 2022 | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toxic manager

Players don’t want to be here

Players who do want to be here are shit

When Conte leaves in the summer we will be left with 2 right wing backs and 2 left wing backs and other players the next manager won’t want.

Shit show.

I read it somewhere that he’d been offered a gig back with us in some capacity. Can’t find it right now but I’m sure there was a strong rumour.

Something to do with the yoof, innit.......

Although only ever saw one article.... You'd think more outlets/twatters would have had a bite considering he's a know entity.

“Toxic manager”?

Sorry, what…??
He’s a modern day Mourinho without the European pedigree. Falls out with every club he manages. Throws his toys out of the pram if he doesn’t get the players he wants.

He’s a very short term fix and he will be gone by the summer because we won’t sign the players he needs.

Conte pisses everyone off. He’s a terrible appointment for us because we need a long term project now, not another Jose.

He has medical qualifications,a brain and understands science

what have you got?
Meh, I lean skeptical on the official story of COVID, like our Eastern friend here, and I also have all those things. Well, I suppose I'm not a practicing doctor, tbf, but I'm a neuroscience academic (which is more relevant than it sounds: you do have to study a ton of physiology and general medicine to conduct serious research in e.g. molecular neuroscience; and I've got publications in other human biology fields too). Hell, I'm pretty sure me and Spaniel have talked science and academia before, back in the early days of the COVID thread, when it was still interesting and not shit.

Anyone think Conte will walk out on us at the end of the month? He looked a beaten man in that interview
Very interesting. Do you have a link to it online by any chance please? I wanna judge for myself!

Psychologists would probably spot that the entire club has a “thing” for Chelsea bitch slapping us.

Our record is so abysmal against them for so long that it has to be “in the head” from boardroom down.

Even allowing for them being better, we should be nicking the odd win here and there more than we are. Every season going to the Bridge (bar once) for the past 31 years, has been mostly futile. The majority of the time the club might as well not have bothered and taken a 3-0 by default loss.

The away fixture is just costing us time, money and emotional commitment that simply is not worth it. The home game usually a little better, until recently when they are 3 for 3 in our new Fortress :)

Back to tonight, we left on 82 minutes and felt a bit silly for staying that long…the worst centre midfield I’ve seen since Calderwood and Clemence…even £25 seems expensive in hindsight.

He’s a modern day Mourinho without the European pedigree. Falls out with every club he manages. Throws his toys out of the pram if he doesn’t get the players he wants.

He’s a very short term fix and he will be gone by the summer because we won’t sign the players he needs.

Conte pisses everyone off. He’s a terrible appointment for us because we need a long term project now, not another Jose.

Whatever you might feel about his tactics, it’s about time we had a manager with the stature that can call to question the club’s poor squad building.

You talk about a long term project - that’s our scouting and acquisition strategy and set-up that needs a serious overhaul. Is Paratici the one to be able to do it? I think the jury’s out but that he got his man in Conte surely is a good thing, in at least having the pieces together to make it a proper go.

Very interesting. Do you have a link to it online by any chance please? I wanna judge for myself!
I found Conte's interview. Jesus, he was pissed off. Looked like he wanted to punch the interviewer. Very Mourinho-esque contempt for the media and their asinine, repetitive questions on display there.

Does he always come across so sullen and grouchy in post-match conferences? I don't usually watch them.

F) Going to football match is no more stressful than many day to day activities e.g. gym, sex, sport, clubbing etc. ppl would be dropping all over the place if your supposition was correct. This would be very noticeable in the ONS figures.
There actually is a long-term, well-known (presumptively causal) relationship between watching football and having heart attacks, dating back to at least the 2002 WC and going far above and beyond similar non-aerobic activities or a resting state control condition. The increase during major football matches is sometimes by a large % and almost always by a (statistically) significant %. I think I once saw 60% for some sample during the 2002 WC final.

Whether it beats out the gym or sex, I couldn't say. It's unlikely anyone's ever done the observations -- at least not in the same experiment with matched groups.

Well, Took my brother to match , was in block 112 , basically was nearly half time and i was queing for 15 mins then basically these tottenham fans or fan decided to tell this guy infront of us to buy the drinks. He clearly didnt know the guy and basically gave him cash because he was in front, Anyway i kicked up a fuss talking to my brother and he sorts said out loud (How many he buying for you) , and i said to my brother fucking this guy infront is taking forever how many drinks has he took over now, next min the guy who is carrying 5+ drinks hears us complaining and kicks off saying you fucking what , my brother stood his ground 2bh and said that he clearly didnt know him (the guy who was buying these drinks for the guy who kept takong them) and that we all in the que feel pissed off for his actions making this guy buy like 10 drinks without knowing him. He clearly was taking piss, then the guys this person was with sorta apologised for him to us personally but the damage was done, my brother now said he never wants to go to a tottenham match again , the fact some fans think they can explote a poor lone indian man to buying 5+ drinks and when me and my brother complain (Fully in right too) we qued from 42 min first half to 49 min second half was out of order and now probably will struggle to get my brother to ever come to another match again
He enjoyed the game though right?

I found Conte's interview. Jesus, he was pissed off. Looked like he wanted to punch the interviewer. Very Mourinho-esque contempt for the media and their asinine, repetitive questions on display there.

Does he always come across so sullen and grouchy in post-match conferences? I don't usually watch them.
He's an Italian football manager, being pissed off is his natural state. He's just been keeping a lid on it as best he can.

It might have happened but not as often as it does now. I really don't think you wanna argue that point.
Oh yes I fn do-they didn't use to stop the fn games! It's that fn simple. This is a new phenomenon that's started in the last 12 months.

People have always had heart attacks at the football, they just didn't stop the games before.

Back
Top Bottom