January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone worrying about Contes contract situation?

Tie him down to a 5 year deal....NOW!!!!

5 x £15m for him to ultimately leave after a year or 2. Contract length doesn't really matter.

Well that's awkward.

Doherty, Bergjwin both pivotal for the win.

Oh, and an assist for Winks.

And PEH put a delicious ball into Doc to make the breakthrough.

I think yesterday demonstrated that we are lacking quality in the final 3rd.

We are pretty good defensively. We are good at winning the ball back, but we are predictable once we mount our attack. We dominated the game and should not have need to win in such a way.

Win our 2 games in hand (Burnley/Brighton) and we are just 3 points behind Liverpool - who are considered title contenders.

We really must spend to improve our 1st 11 in January to secure the top 4 finish. But who do we drop from our attack? Kane/Son/Moura? Can we really sign better options that Gil/Bergjwin/Dele in Jan?

Or do we improve our wingbacks? Reggie seems very popular amongst the squad. Royal is no good in the final 3rd, but excellent defensively. Doherty is good in the final 3rd and we often see him with goal scoring opportunities.

We had 27 chances, 10 on target and an Xg of 4.5, which was higher than any away team all season.
On the other hand, we totally controlled the game but conceded 2 goals from only 2 on target. Defence is our weakness, especially with no Dier or Romero.

For some reason I’m under this illusion that last nights result will put a fire under Levy’s ass and well end up signing a player this window.
You're right it's an illusion.
Last night would have showed him in his mind that he does NOT have to sign a player in this window.

"We have to try to improve, to become stronger, not to lose a player and become less strong."

That's what we've been doing for a long time now.
exactly. he also said that we are numerically poor. so we must add new players to those we already have.
without considering the replacement of the deadwoods (especially ndombelè and dele alli) with valuable players.
it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock n roll

5 x £15m for him to ultimately leave after a year or 2. Contract length doesn't really matter.

And PEH put a delicious ball into Doc to make the breakthrough.

We had 27 chances, 10 on target and an Xg of 4.5, which was higher than any away team all season.
On the other hand, we totally controlled the game but conceded 2 goals from only 2 on target. Defence is our weakness, especially with no Dier or Romero.
for me the problem with defence at moment is Tanga, (think he needs loan to get match time to see if he is any good), but even those that like him must agree this guy's defending must improve

Don't think we will sign a striker in January but I actually think Richarlson would be my number 1 choice in the summer if Everton's slump continues.
They and he thinks he's better than he is, last time he was linked with Barca (pre melt down) they were quoting 70m+. Can't see them changing that anytime soon and can't see him pushing for a move to Spurs.

Don't think we will sign a striker in January but I actually think Richarlson would be my number 1 choice in the summer if Everton's slump continues.

Richarlson is one of the biggest cunts in the league. Can't stand his face, his diving, his play acting, his sulking.
I would actually be angry to see him in a Spurs shirt.
I wouldn't even take him on a free, let alone line Evertons pockets for him.

Still unbeaten in the league with Conte but last night (i think) was our first win against a top 10 side (10th side) in the league and they didnt have Vardy. We still need better players. Really hope its not a curse in disguise and we end up buying no one just because we beat leicester.

Back
Top Bottom