January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't think we will sign a striker in January but I actually think Richarlson would be my number 1 choice in the summer if Everton's slump continues.
Not the worst shout tbh.

He's mainly a CF but also able to play either on the left or right, so he won't be completely reliant on Kane being benched for game time. 46 goals for Everton and 11 assists so far since 2018. and he is only 24! (I thought that he was much older. He's been around forever).

And we have two Brazillians around already so he would probably settle quickly.

Bergwijn should be going nowhere before yday, it really showed how weak we are going forward yesterday with genuine attacking players. Lucas was completely drained with 30 mins to go yday and Kane couldn't have worked any harder, I saw him chase the whole way back yday and get a block in the box around 70mins or so, the two of them absolutely worked so hard

Winks, Hjolberg and Skipp all really hard workers, all handy defensively, just lack that genuine attacking edge needed to unlock defenses. The 2nd goal for Leicester came shortly after Winks went yday for Lo Celso...

Coming on to Lo Celso, he's actually been worse than Ndombele for me. I just cannot see anytning quality about him, it's all so very mediocre. Ndombele and Lo Celso need to go and we move on from some of the worst transfer business around what should've been the launching of a new team under them. Alli is shot to pieces with his confidence and also need to go.

I genuinely think our biggest issue at the moment is to buy two midfielders that have a little more attacking about them and a second striker.

Defense will hold until the end of the year and you're already seeing improvement in players like Doherty and Davies. Sanchez is looking more confident aswell now and Tanganga had a better game yday.

Midfield, that would be my focus, get Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dele out and replace them with some attack minded players.

Even if only one comes good, it's better than what those three are giving us.

How hilarious are Barcelona these days.

"Dembele has to sign a new deal now or we will sell him"

He's a footballer Xavi, not a fucking slave. If he doesn't want to sign for anyone until June there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

How hilarious are Barcelona these days.

"Dembele has to sign a new deal now or we will sell him"

He's a footballer Xavi, not a fucking slave. If he doesn't want to sign for anyone until June there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
the trouble with this running down contracts is these signing on fees etc is money leaving football (going into Players & agents pockets) yes its footballs fault because from top to bottom its greedy and always thinks it can get money from somewhere (that somewhere in the end is you & me)

If Bergy is fit and firing and with Son returning our attacking depth looks okay, especially if we persist with a front 2.

Kane, Lucas, Son, Bergjwin (Gil in emergencies) for two places.

The issue is that we are not really getting any contribution from Dele/Ndombele combined. If we could replace them with one quality creative option we would be better off. Lo Celso is fine as an option until the end of the season.

We need a new CM starter for that midfield 3. Winks, Skipp and PEH all have their roles to play but we need an injection of real class in there.

Then there is RWB. Doherty was decent but we know his limitations. Emerson can't attack. I think we would be devastating with Adama there.

CB is fine with Romero and Dier coming back, though decent cover/competition for Davies would be welcome.

the trouble with this running down contracts is these signing on fees etc is money leaving football (going into Players & agents pockets) yes its footballs fault because from top to bottom its greedy and always thinks it can get money from somewhere (that somewhere in the end is you & me)
It's not just football, look at the NBA. Players have realized that they can have the power and they are starting to use it. Who put the Lakers team together ... Lebron. Who put the Clippers together ... Kawhi. Who put the Nets together ... Durant.

I wonder which will be the first "super team" in football where a group of players decide they all want to play for the same team and then make it happen.

I'd rather the money ended up with players than agents or chairmen.
We pay money to see footballers play football.

Question…

If we’re going to be going 352 instead of 343, and got the 2 we have Kane, Son, Lucas and Bergwijn, regardless of how potent they’ve been previously, so we’re still focus on forwards or do we turn our attention to midfielders given that after the 3 who start last night (all of whom are upgradable anyway), the options are Dele, Lo Celso and the host of Ndombele?

I say this assuming that Traore or someone else for RWB is a given and a CB would still be looked at if there’s was the right one available.

Question…

If we’re going to be going 352 instead of 343, and got the 2 we have Kane, Son, Lucas and Bergwijn, regardless of how potent they’ve been previously, so we’re still focus on forwards or do we turn our attention to midfielders given that after the 3 who start last night (all of whom are upgradable anyway), the options are Dele, Lo Celso and the host of Ndombele?

I say this assuming that Traore or someone else for RWB is a given and a CB would still be looked at if there’s was the right one available.

I think Conte likes 2 strikers, one being a traditional more physical forward so that leaves just Kane. It would mean the wide forward role we have Son, Lucas and Bergwijn but we would still need a Kane cover/competition and Conte has already said we need a second striker to compete with Kane.

I am assuming we need a LCB, RWB, CM and a striker. I am guessing we would be looking at something like De Vrij, Kessie, Traore and Vlahovic. Sell Dele, Ndombele and Tanganga, move Emerson to RCB to cover Romero and have Traore and Doherty covering the RWB role.

The only only only disappointment about last night was that Levy would have seen that win as a victory for him, that players arent needed because of the success of the bench last night.

I think yesterday demonstrated that we are lacking quality in the final 3rd.

We are pretty good defensively. We are good at winning the ball back, but we are predictable once we mount our attack. We dominated the game and should not have need to win in such a way.

Win our 2 games in hand (Burnley/Brighton) and we are just 3 points behind Liverpool - who are considered title contenders.

We really must spend to improve our 1st 11 in January to secure the top 4 finish. But who do we drop from our attack? Kane/Son/Moura? Can we really sign better options that Gil/Bergjwin/Dele in Jan?

Or do we improve our wingbacks? Reggie seems very popular amongst the squad. Royal is no good in the final 3rd, but excellent defensively. Doherty is good in the final 3rd and we often see him with goal scoring opportunities.

I disagree. Firstly our defense is constantly making individual errors and allowing easy and elementary chances for our opponents. This is purely a showcase that they are not good individually, and this is not a tactical/manager error, but the players not on that level.

Secondly our midfilder level is very low. I look in there and i don't see a creativity person that can shoot constantly solid from distance and score regularly goals, as well as there is a no playmaker in there. Not a creative player as well.

We are riding a momentum from a top manager, and we are currently overperforming big time. But this will come to an end, and the level will drop significantly. The manager can do so much with the current material.

On top of that, 1-2 injury and we are totally done.

If we really want to get to top 4, we need 3 signing now. Adam Traore will be a good addition, even though having 2 players(Moura obvious the second one) with one of the worst end product seen in a while ain't perfect, but at least Traore is 26 and there is some room for improvement in that department.

Creative midfilder is a must as well.

Back
Top Bottom