January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

a7DFZ0V.png

'the profile of the club has increased so much... the players you can attract now are miles away from where they were five years ago.'

Five years before:

lNZYUr9.png

eQ7iNYe.png
He meant miles worse, to be fair on the Hitchenator

a7DFZ0V.png

'the profile of the club has increased so much... the players you can attract now are miles away from where they were five years ago.'

Five years before:

lNZYUr9.png

eQ7iNYe.png

That's brilliant

Except for the fact he was very clearly specifically intentionally talking about hi distain for the January window. Those 2 players signed in the summer window. Not the January Window, which he was quite clear on.

Frees up a foreign spot...
Does it really though? Perhaps only for an incoming loan? I'm not sure how it works - if a foreign player goes out only on loan, presumably you couldn't permanently purchase another foreign player to replace him, knowing that it would definitely (and contractually) leave you over the threshold when your loan out returns to you... (EDIT: unless of course you currently have another foreign loan in due to end by then).

(I'm certainly no expert on such things, so happy to be educated on that).

I think you can Jim, squad lists are updated after both transfer windows. If Spurs did end up with one extra foreign player next year, they'd have to choose which one wouldn't be registered to play. So a shit situation but not one that you're forced to avoid.

Does anyone else find AC Milan's interest in Tanganga quite peculiar?

The optimist in me hopes it's sparked from Kessie talks.
That league has developed a bit of a taste for young English talent.

But for both homegrown and squad depth reasons I feel like we need him a lot more than the relative pittance he’d return.

Though I also think he’s like Royal with his best position being RB in a back 4.

Back
Top Bottom