CHELSEA VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | SUNDAY 23 JANUARY 2022 | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have NEVER described Doc as excellent.
He had an excellent game v Leicester and helped win us the points.
Some celebrate stuff like that, some ridicule it.
What group are you in?
But he didn't have an excellent game against Leicester! By his previous appalling standards he was almost OK and managed to control the ball that set up Bergwign.

I'm in the group that believes the evidence of his own eyes. He was been consistently poor since signing for us - virtually no redeeming features.

Playing today in midfield he was woeful. Only played because he is marginally better than Emerson - a pretty low bar.

But he didn't have an excellent game against Leicester! By his previous appalling standards he was almost OK and managed to control the ball that set up Bergwign.

I'm in the group that believes the evidence of his own eyes. He was been consistently poor since signing for us - virtually no redeeming features.

Playing today in midfield he was woeful. Only played because he is marginally better than Emerson - a pretty low bar.
Tough crowd.
He was excellent v Leicester, almost as much a match winner as Berg. If he doesn't get in the area we don't equalise.
Today he was OK. Could have scored if Hog had made a better pass.

Was over the moment our good goal was disallowed due to a dive.

They clearly outclassed us but that goal being disallowed was shocking. The ref was shocking all night honestly, the amount of fouls Chelsea committed without being called for it or booked was egregious.

Really though, Conte needed to sub Japhet at halftime, he was getting run ragged and he should have anticipated Chelsea would target him coming out of the half. They did, and scored.

I think Conte's first half tactics were actually very good, but he was reactive in the second half instead of proactive, and it cost us.
I do t get why he was playing in the first place apart conte going full negative tactics mode. Jasphet has been crap for ages and was terrible v Chelsea in the LC. He didn’t deserve to start especially as dier was back. I really don’t get what conte sees sometimes. Almost everyone on here has agreed that jasohet has been playing poorly. What do our defenders need to do to get dropped. We simply did t need to play that formation today with basically 4 FBs. It’s almost as if Southgate has been advising on team selection. That team selection basically meant we had virtually no chance of winning the game. Considering they have not been in great form in the PL recently.

Everton drew there, Burnley drew there, Brighton drew there, Leeds were only beaten with a last minute pen. We're not fucking Division 2 minnows. I can take not getting a result but we' ve barely given them a game yet again.
Just the mindset that we are beaten before even going on the pitch. Plus the team selection and basically very negative tactics. It’s almost like conte picks a team and tactics to deliberately show the board we are crap. We are not that bad of formation , tactics and players selected are right. Most pundits reckon 2/3 players to give use extra depth would be enough to get top 4. With better coaching and some extra players we could make it.

This is a disgrace.
Yup, he absolutely ripped the piss out of us (in my opinion) with the monkey chant accusations, but you CANNOT chuck stuff at him from the stands. Verbally abuse him legally all you want. No hate speech, but call him a cunt or a cheat or any one of several other things. But you can't over step the line.

Wo
I've watched Brighton plenty under Potter and yes this play decent football, which I've praised plenty of times on here. They will probably end up between 9th-12th.

They aren't on our level, and while they have a few I'd happily see in a Spurs shirt they don't have 7-8 that just walk into our team as you claim. that's just bonkers talk.
Wouldnt mind us trying to play a little football like they do though? Some proper passing movements. I often wonder what we work on in training. Is it to work out how many bloody defenders we can put out?

Ok. Well … if this behaviour does occur and I’m never too sure this deception, of managers deliberately tossing games to make a point, then at very best I believe it’s a final gambit. A last petulant roll of the dice to force the issue

It’s not something you do simply weeks after you’re given the post

It’s a pretty crass move and I have to believe conte is more man than that.

It's funny Jenas pretty much implied the ame thing on MOTD, reckon that he's showing Levy that he needs more players by picking that team.

Also

Otherwise it doesn't make sense

Back
Top Bottom