January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On the upside I don't believe any of these reports, good or bad, until the window is over. My guess is it will be a typical underwhelming January window, but I would be very surprised if Paratici doesn't get Conte some depth for the second half. And I think the team is motivated to move some more players and two or three will be gone come February. The real proof of Spurs ambition will be this summer and that's probably always been the case. I'm going to be an optimist until January 31 and a realist afterward.

On the upside I don't believe any of these reports, good or bad, until the window is over. My guess is it will be a typical underwhelming January window, but I would be very surprised if Paratici doesn't get Conte some depth for the second half. And I think the team is motivated to move some more players and two or three will be gone come February. The real proof of Spurs ambition will be this summer and that's probably always been the case. I'm going to be an optimist until January 31 and a realist afterward.
Okay, fine...

5a5072e2-199d-43f0-8f6f-a8e88b147068_text.gif

How is it that we simultaneously have a lot of highly paid and expensive players on our squad, but our completely average?

This is how. Last minute bargains aren't bargains. They're anchors on your squad for years.

We are not completely average. Win 1 of our games in hand and we are in the top 4; above United, Woolwich, West Ham.

Win 2 of our games in hand and we are just 5 points behind Liverpool in 2nd.

Burley / Brighton are winnable for us.

All this with an out of form attack and a change of coach mid season.

Missing out on (another) year of Champions League will cost the club up to 100m in lost match day revenue and TV income.

We are in a brilliant position to get Top 4 this season. Win just 1 of our games in hand and we IN THE TOP 4. It is ours to lose.

Sure, the transfer window is not closed yet; but it's clear that we must get in a top level player and will have to over pay if we want to be a more attractive option that our rivals.

See this is my fault for reading this thread. If I had t read the thread I wouldn’t have been all in on a guy I’ve never seen play.

But I did and now I’m fucking furious at Levy.

I’m understanding when clubs won’t let players go mid-season. But when Liverpool comes over the top for someone we should have secured 3 days ago, I’m livid. Also drunk.

Back
Top Bottom