January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'I'll celebrate when we sell Arthur, Ramsey, Bentancur and Rabiot.'
'Rabiot off for Bentancur Swapping gonorrhoea for genital warts'
'Bentancur being shit already'
'still better than Bentancur IMO. Bentancur is the worst player I have ever seen'
'Is that fuckin Bentancur about to come in. These are terrorist acts.'
'Bentancur is coming on all is saved lmaooo I hate this club.'
'Bentancur cant make a fucking forward pass'

From Juve's forums. Hurry, rush to sign him!
Rabiot is another one.

Seems to have dropped off a cliff. I actually really liked him and was hoping we would sign him when his mum was touting him around.

Watched him in the CL and he was abysmal.

We should have a sticky post at the top of every page with a list of subjects covered to death.

1. Eriksen shouldn't come back. No match fitness, was shit for a year, obvious health risk, let someone else take that risk.
  2. Man United don't deal with league rivals. We're not getting any of their players
  3. The money for Diaz and Traore is pretend money, it's not going on Nevez, Raphinha, Philips, Rice or anyone highly values by their club
  4. Assuming a deal is definitely happening because the player isn't rated on here is over rating THFC. You'll be simultaneously let down and relieved we couldn't even get those over the line
  5. No Lampty either. Just stop it.
  6. Even if we weren't tight, we wouldn't get close to having the spending power of City, Chelsea, United, Liverpool and now Newcastle
  7. Our rubbish players are, frustratingly, going nowhere this window.

What I would say though, is that unlike Amrabat who has always been fucking horrible, at least Kulusevski and Bentancur have been great in the past, they've just struggled a lot at Juve, which might also be down to the manager (Pirlo was just horrible and Allegri although great, is fucking weird). So at least there's some potential in those 2. If one comes good (most likely Kulusevski), I'd be very happy.

Betancur was excellent under Sarri
Mostly poor under Pirlo though. He's not a bad player, and Conte will improve him, but we should be doing better than this. It's not even so much the quality of the player, it's fobbing off your Christmas shopping until December 24th and buying all your gifts from the same shop in a 20 minute splurge.

Have these Juve players we're talking after played under Conte's already?
No, they're quite young. Kulu came last year and Bentancur came in the last season of Allegri's first spell. Bear in mind Kulusevski is just 21.

Same was said about players like Perisic or Vidal when Conte was at Inter. Conte can get a tune out of Kulu, when it comes to Benta though, he just lacks the technique, and that can't be taught...
Hmmmm even 3 or 4 years ago, if you'd heard of Perisic and Vidal coming to Spurs, you'd have been proper excited. Heck, we'd still be mad excited about them now, and they're ancient!!!

Totally different league to Kulu and Betancur. Perisic and Vidal were once elite players, who've won big titles, played in big matches...Perisic is a WC finalist.

Kulu is seen as one of Juve's worst transfers ever. He's nowhere near being a guaranteed starter for Sweden, and when he does play for them, he's never achieved even 10% of what Perisic's done for Croatia.

Vidal has 10 Betancur in each leg.

Mostly poor under Pirlo though. He's not a bad player, and Conte will improve him, but we should be doing better than this. It's not even so much the quality of the player, it's fobbing off your Christmas shopping until December 24th and buying all your gifts from the same shop in a 20 minute splurge.
Pirlo is a shit coach, makes Nuno look like fucking Ferguson. Every player would regress under him (and they did).

Rabiot is another one.

Seems to have dropped off a cliff. I actually really liked him and was hoping we would sign him when his mum was touting him around.

Watched him in the CL and he was abysmal.

They signed some truly horrendously mediocre midfielders lately. I guess in a futile attempt to recreate. Pirlo, Cidal, Marchisio, Pogba.

Arthur is the one I’d actually want to take. Injury prone and not much use going forward but press resistant and technically capable.

Back
Top Bottom