January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i have seen kuslevski play

no upgrade on berg or lucas

not quick enough either

been way below average this season
At least spell his name correctly. You have no idea for example that he used to be brilliant for Parma 2 seasons ago, made fucking Gervinho (yes, that Gervinho) look like a goalscorer...

Some people need a dose of reality here. We are a club who have finished top 4 6 times in about 30 years. We don’t European football to offer and aren’t in with a chance of winning a title. Yet some think we can go and sign Dybala.

We aren’t that club. Maybe a few years back we had a better chance, but now we are not. The players are are linked with may not be the sexy names you all want, but this isn’t football manager or fifa.
And as such, it makes sense that the fans shouldnt be paying one of the highest prices in the world for tickets. The way the club rips off its fans its despicable.

One thing I think we can absolutely put to bed this window, is the line often trotted out by apologists that “all clubs take their time/drag their heels with transfers, we just notice Spurs doing it more because we support them.” Nonsense.

We were in talks for Adama Traore for 20 plus days, dithered and dallied and then bang, Barca sign him in 24 hours.
We were in talks for days for Diaz, constantly getting the “it’s a very difficult deal to do but Spurs are confident of getting it done before the deadline” nonsense. Then bang, Liverpool appear to wrap in up in 24 hours. No real hassle with it whatsoever.

We’re a farce. A genuine farce.
Whilst I see where you are coming from and we do massively drag out any transfer, do you really think Barca and Liverpool just rocked up and had it signed, sealed and delivered in 24 hrs?

There would have been the same contact going on behind the scenes, the agent talking to multiple clubs.

ah well seems theres a few who settle for mediocrity on here

its a wonder why enic get away with so much

i would love to be proven wrong but we all know where these signings are going if we land them

we have been here before

i wont say anymore on it if we sign them fine lets see what happens

Everyone has looked shit under Allegri this year. Even Chiesa. After the Chelsea game he's been horrible for them until he got injured. Dybala has had a renaissance in the past 3 games, but that's it.

Yeah, and the fans actually believe in the ones with talent because they can see it. Whereas with Bentancur and Kulu, they don't see that spark at all anymore and are happy for them to be sold for a reason.

Remember when we were going toe to toe with a title winning Juventus in the CL? Now we sign their cast offs when they're fighting for top four.

i watch Serie A regularly and honestly Kulusevski was incredible before signing for Juve, the whole of Serie A was jealous of Juve when they signed him. He hasn’t hit his straps at Juve for whatever reason, definitely been underwhelming but he’s still really young and it wouldnt be the first time a young player failed after having a big move. I honestly can see why Conte would want him in the team, he works hard for the team and is quite good defensively. I believe he is really talented from admiring him at his Parma days, I’m actually pretty excited by the prospect of having him at Tottenham. I think he will fit like a glove and Conte will help him realise his potential.

Bentancur on the other hand, I really don’t understand the interest. He seemed a bright prospect a few seasons back but honestly seems really mistake prone, misses too many simple passes for my liking. Is capable of a flash here and there but incredibly inconsistent, however if Conte wants him then let’s back the manager in and see what he can do with these guys.

2 players juve would be happy to get rid off

i dont why anyone is happy getting juves rejects

not to mention their entire fanbase are begging us to get them too

alarm bells for me

basically our ndombele and lo celso
I've got Italian friends who support Roma, Milan and even fucking Spal (!) now texting me to see if we'd be keen on their rejects...or if it's exclusive to Juve.

That's how bad it's gotten. We're getting mugged off by Spal fans.

Just as well we are not after him.. Have you ever seen Kulusevski play?
Looks ok to play on the right. He is all left foot , can score goals. 6foot plus so could prob cover for Harry.
Certainly looks better then Lucas. Having said that i’d Rather buy Raphina in the summer . At least with these loans we can start again in the summer. If we can get 3 in who are better than what we’ve got it gives us a chance .
Bentancur is a good player , far better than what we’ve got. Apparently we have upped our bid for him.....that’s from Di Marzio who is bacically Fabio’ mouthpiece

Some people need a dose of reality here. We are a club who have finished top 4 6 times in about 30 years. We don’t European football to offer and aren’t in with a chance of winning a title. Yet some think we can go and sign Dybala.
We aren’t that club. Maybe a few years back we had a better chance, but now we are not. The players are are linked with may not be the sexy names you all want, but this isn’t football manager or fififa.
You do realise that prior to ENIC getting their grubby paws on us we were the 4th most successful club in England. And despite being starved of meaningful success for 20 years, we're still one of the wealthiest and best supported.

If your happy to allow these owners to drag your expectations down in to the gutter then good for you, but please don't patronise every other supporter and expect them to allow their expectations of this once great club to be dragged down to.

I'm hoping there's something in the Douglas Luiz stuff and we have leaked the Bentancur stuff in the hope that it pushes Villa to up their bid for Bentancur and eventually sell us Luiz.

Back
Top Bottom