January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep. It's like an international break on steroids...

Adama-Traore-3.jpeg

Prior to Enic, the last time we'd finished top 4 was in 1990, finishing 3rd. Our highest league position after that and before they took control of the club was 7th.
True but after 1990 we were in financial trouble for 2 years and then had the dreaded Sugar, our very own Mike Ashley. Enic were ok upto a point, they at least had a bit of intent to get champions league football, but once we had achieved that they didnt have a clue what to do. Now we are rapidly heading back to where they found us and they havent made a sensible decision for a very long time. Nothing lasts forever, times moves on and thats exactly what they now need to do for the good of the club.

I bet I could find the exact same complaint on an Arse forum regarding Vhalovic.

That's not 'apologism'; that's just reality.

(Fine be pissed that we got gazzumped by a club that currently hold more appeal, but the self-pitying "only Spurs" stuff is trite as fuck....)
He was running down his contract then his boy hood club came in lolz

Prior to Enic, the last time we'd finished top 4 was in 1990, finishing 3rd. Our highest league position after that and before they took control of the club was 7th.
And? The top 4 didn't exist until the PL got 4 places which wasn't until the very late 90s.
We had a bad spell under sugar for all of 10 years. The club was over 100 years old by then.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club pondering the philosophical question "If you make zero effort in the transfer window, can it really be said that you've failed?"

Shambolic that we spent so much on a player that isn't contributing to our first team. Not shambolic for his development as a player, I don't think.
So you think him playing in Spain will help him acclimatise to the premier league as opposed to say an English club or dare I say, another premier league club at the other end of the table?

And? The top 4 didn't exist until the PL got 4 places which wasn't until the very late 90s.
We had a bad spell under sugar for all of 10 years. The club was over 100 years old by then.
I'm merely pointing out our league position over the time period that was being discussed. I didn't make any judgements.

I know how old the club is just by looking at your username 😁

So you think him playing in Spain will help him acclimatise to the premier league as opposed to say an English club or dare I say, another premier league club at the other end of the table?

Ideal scenario: Regular minutes for an EPL club.

Not so ideal scenario: Riding the bench for Watford or Derby cos they've too much at stake to break in kids.

Possible scenario: No UK interest and regular minutes in La Liga til the summer is better than nothing.

Back
Top Bottom