Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was at the game, haven't been for a while, I've been able to assess us in more detail and I can absolutely say royal is fucking diabolical....not that is a surprise to anyone, next on the list are winks, Sanchez and hojbjerg, all fucking usless, winks probably the best of that pile of shit but still woefall. And then Davies, Reg....meh. The rest can stay, Moura was crap as well tbh but still contributed. Romero had a bad game but was by far our best defender.....but I repeat again, no fucking player in the prem is as bad as Royal

Al Pacino GIF

Is there an opposite gif to this one? Because that’s what Spurs do to me
They leave us feeling this miserable for just long enough to let it fade a day or so before the next fixture in time to get hurt again. See also: a positive result making us optimistic before metaphorically waking us up in the middle of the night to tell us they pissed the mattress when they thought they saw a monster in the cupboard.

what - other than it reflecting what actually happened.
Not that you would understand
the numerous disagrees says otherwise.

Your Emerson analysis was pretty fair (although he wasn't at fault for the 2nd goal imo) but your Winks break down was so off its unreal.

He absolutely hid in the first half and didn't get anywhere near either JWP or Romeu. second half he improved slightly and didn't hide but was still a sub par second half performance as well.

unacceptable to allow your CM partner to do everything whilst your chasing shadows.

Loads. They could have been out of sight at half time. That's why it was weird, we were never in it, but at the same time in it.

I think with our front 3 we'll always create chances against a side like Southampton, even if they're controlling the game.

The real problems show when we face a side like Chelsea, who can both shut us down in midfield but also shut down the front 3 as well. We had barely a sniff in any of the 3 games we played against them, and honestly I expect the same in the big games we have coming up.

So what do we do?

Keep the players who keep failing or keep the managers who keep not succeeding?

Conte doesn't do well when he doesn't have the best team in the competition, just look at his CL record. Are we going to give him the Billion pounds to spend to blow City out of the water?

This is highly debatable.

Inter was far from the clear best team in Serie A last season and his Chelsea winning side was far from the best squad either. And if you were to argue that those teams were the best team it was in large part what Conte added to it.

Davies started the rot. Winks was really shite too.
Davies made a mistake but I don't think it affected his performance that much he also did some good work definitely couple of blocks that were going in. Winks had a bad day as did PEH

Sanchez was looking desperate alot of the time but don't think he was helped by Emerson.

Also I have to say we don't look as organised without Dier. 5 conceded in last 2 without him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom